Thread: burning sensation

burning sensation

I've had GAD for 15 years with a whole range of symptoms along the way . I am experiencing symptoms I've never had before during this relapse . Has anyone else had burning neck, shoulders and a band at the back of the head ? It's keeping me anxious daily because it never goes . I apply heat for relief but it soon comes back . I do have a lot of tension in the shoulders and I am doing relaxation cds but can't seem to 'accept' this is anxiety

Re: burning sensation

Can definitely be from anxiety causing tight and sore muscles. Doesn't have to be anxiety though, it can be something "real" and not be worrying at all too

I get a hot, slightly burning sensation at the back of my neck, upper back and shoulders all the time from poor posture sitting at my desk. Sometimes hot or cold helps, massages too, but what it really takes for me is to get off of my computer and get moving.

I get burning feeling around my left stomach

I have burning in my thighs. Really getting to me right now.

I've had a burning sensation on and off in my legs and feet since January, that also occasionally moves to my back, belly and buttocks. Scared me a lot at first, but has been diagnosed as probable anxiety.

Have you started any medication, changed any or increased any recently? Certain antidepressants have this as a side effect, such as Sertaline in the Lesson Common category of side effects that a doctor doesn't urgently need to be informed of.

I'm not on any anxiety meds but this burning is there daily and keeping me anxious , finding it difficult to accept as an anxiety sensation/symptom .was slowly accepting my usual symptoms and had a good 8 months of very little anxiety and then I was sick in December and this started , just a tingle left of head and muscle tension in neck and across back of my shoulders and now it's a burning pain . Get tin the awful night jolts of panic after 4 hrs sleep and then can't get back to sleep with being anxious and breathing fast . Really struggling at the moment thinking it's a medical issue and not anxiety so that's fuelling everything

Thread Information