Thread: parkinson's fear again

parkinson's fear again

As i've posted before, since july i've had tremor in my hands and twitches everywhere. I had clear mri and neuro says i don't have it, this was all in summer, i finally started to forget about it, and tell myself this is all anxiety. Now i noticed the hand tremor again and the body twitching and i'm scared again. I also worry about my arm swing which is a symptom, i tell myself that if this was parkinson's all these months later i would have gotten worse right? I'm really scared anyone this isn't that right?

Re: parkinson's fear again

Hi I have had hand tremors fingers moving on own fingers locking up leg weakness leg/foot shaking when bending or lifting them i know this fear too well as I'm going through it too I'm different Im scared to go to doctors so it's great you have had teats amd all clears but I also know how that won't just go away like that I bet when you first got the all clear you felt great right ? For the whole hour until doubts start to come slowly in again I'm scared of parkinsons mnd and als and I believe I have one of these it's horrible feeling not knowing what's really causing it I still haven't been to doctors and won't at the minute because I know it will be bad news but that may be all in my head for you it's different you are well and anxiety can do this to you ! Xx

I've had tremors since the age of about 7! I know a fair few people with benign tremors, too. I think if the neurologist isn't worried then you don't need to be, either

You have health anxiety, simple as that. One of the major symptoms of health anxiety is expressing disbelief at a diagnosis or a form of reassurance from a doctor. An MRI would have shown Parkinson's, a nuerologist would certainly know what it was and what to look for and yes, on the the very very VERY slim chance that he/she somehow missed it, your symptoms would have been continual and progressive.

The first step in defeating health anxiety is accepting the fact that this IS an illness. Like other illnesses, it has symptoms. I understand that it's very counter intuative to think that a psychological problem can manifest itself physically, but it certainly can and certainly does. Your body and mind are very intimately connected. If you see a picture of food that looks tasty, you salivate. If you hear a rustling in the bushes, your stomach churns. Your mind suffers and the body cries out, accept that this is what's happening to you.

You have to accept anxiety before overcoming it, otherwise you'll continue to fight a fire that wasn't even lit to begin with and you won't be able to overcome the burning anxiety flame that is very much alight.

I know this is old but I 38 year old male with 2 kids am going through something similar. I had a tremor in my hand which I think was from lifting weights with an injured elbow but I made the mistake of googling early onset parkinsons and ever since I've been a trembling mess. I believe I had a panic attack and am now experiencing tremors all over my body. So how did you make out? Has everything passed?

Great post gary

Quote Originally Posted by robo_21 View Post
    So how did you make out? Has everything passed?
    Of the tens of thousands of posts/fears I've read about here, I know of TWO that actually had something going on. Both are fine now. The positive is that their anxiety took a back seat during their illness and recovery and has stayed there.

It just seems to be the nature of HA that causes sufferers to latch on to the worst case Dr. Google induced hysterical case.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information