Thread: Should I take medication?

Should I take medication?

I'm due at the GP tomorrow after a visit to A&E.

The A&E doctor said I had anxiety and he was writing to my GP, I assume to advise him of treatment.

The thing is I really hate the thought of pills. I know most other people do also and it is a balancing act, but I also will get paniced if the pills I take give me other symptoms.

I have felt a little better in the last few days, but I'm not sure whether to take anything the doctor offers or try and work through this without medication and say use John Worts and vitamens etc?

Hopefully you have trust in your GP and will do whatever he/she suggests. It can be trial and error with antidepressants but if you find the right one it could change your life. I beleieve that vitamins play their part in the treatment of anxiety but you may need a bit more.

Love Jo x

Hi Russ

Best to go through it with your doctor and discuss the pros and cons of either option, what is right for one person may not be right for another. Don't worry too much if medication is the way forward as its not for ever just to help during a difficult time.

Let us know how you get on tomorrow [^]

Luv

Pinky

Hello russ,
    I wrestled with this one as well, but eventually realised that I was just too depressed to get better on my own. I looked at it like it is a headache or something - something physically wrong, take a pill to help sort it out and deal with the other issues later on. When I suffered anxiety and panic attacks, though, I didn't take any medication, as I understood what was going on in my body with excess adrenaline, and managed to find coping mechanisms - breathing exercises, and walking that could get rid of a panic attack before it happened. See what your doc says.

Thread Information