Thread: so depressed!!!!

so depressed!!!!

Hi all

I feel so depressed and don't know where to turn, myself my 3boys and my husband feel so alone within the family on both sides. I haven't spoken to my family for 2yrs now can't really go thru it as it would be pages long i just don't feel i want to see them but we feel we have done somethin wrong but we know we haven't, it's manily my mom i don't want to see you might think thats horrid but she can be such a nasty lady.

My husbands family seem to have forgotten we are here it's just a strange feeling i get, 15mths ago my husbands step-mom had become a grandmother things weren't to bad, last september she was diagnosed with breast cancer but when she had an op to check for the cancer, she sort of when strange with me because i never asked her how she was after it i am concerned but i feel awkward talking about i don't know why i just can't. Does that make me bad?.

Now her daughter has had a baby girl 2days ago but instead of phoning me i had a text it would of been nice to get a phone call, she spoke to everyone else but not me, i weren't going to phone back because she didn't really won't to speak to me if she had she would of phoned me.

I really am happy for them but at the same time i am envious because i am the only one with boys within the family both sides I'm not jealous as i am not that kind a person. Do they both mean the same thing i don't know, I just feel my boys are going to be thrown a side now. My husbands dad just seems to be involved in his wifes family.

My husband has a brother and sister his sister hasn't seen her dad for 4yrs now and his brother has 3 kids and they seem to be left out too.
    We seem to be second best and i'm not having that so i'd rather not see them if thats the case.

I can't talk to my husband about it as it would get into an argument not because he would take sides his not like that but he would tell me that its getting to me, maybe it is but thats the way i am. I think i am depressed over life really it's so s**t. The saying is YOU CAN CHOOSE YOUR FRIENDS BUT NOT YOU FAMILY how true that is.

I wish we could go far away from the family as possible and never see them again thats how bad i feel.

Sorry to ramble on so much but i needed to get it out.
    I need to be strong for my kids but it's soooo hard also i don't want my anxiety to come back because of it.

linda xx

Hi Linda,

I just wanted to give you a big hug today hun. (((hugs))) xxx

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

Hi Lin

Families huh !
    How do you get on with your husband's brother and sister?
    If your boys and you and hubby get on with them then I think I'd be happy with them and enjoy times with them. Make them a priority in family life and don't worry much about the rest. Be comfy with what makes you comfy.

The problem with extended families is there are so many people and not enough time. If you do feel it would make you feel better then write a card to the step-mum to say sorry you may have appeared distant but you'd been thinking of her - then do so. BUT only if you want to .

And you could send the new baby a little pressie - again if you want to. But something about buying newborn a pressie always make me feel happier.

Hugs xxxxxxxxx

Thread Information