Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Core beliefs

Re: Core beliefs

I would follow the petals to the centre because when you fix the root all the spin offs it created being related die also. There is an emptiness like a black hole when a core belief stops being used, a sadness, how can there not be, you are losing what has been a big part of you. It is hard not to look for it.

I notice in the ERP clinical paper I attached that it discusses a similiar concept within exposure treatment. It mentions how therapists don't drill down to the root and then based exposure tasks on that to overall it all.

So, it makes sense to do it this way.

bump

bump again

Bump

Bump.

I was thinking about this today and came up with a few questions.

Q1. Can a root core change to be an associated core?

Q2. Can a root core change to be an associated core but a fresh issue become the root core?

Q3. Can a root core change to be an associated core and one of the associated cores become the root core?

Q4. Can an associated core detach from one central core and become an associated core to a separate root core?

Wow.

A root core will already have associated cores it has spun off and they can change slightly because being associated they only have to be close. EG I'm useless. Spinoff. I'm stupid because I can't do anything (mommy told me) Spin off, Mommy is right. Spin off I can't lead, I have to follow. Hubby is always right. Spin off everyone but me is right. Knowing only the final spin off how do you find the root core. Each spin off could have more spin offs. So you have an option, don't use it. If it is negative it will need a negative thought to use it. Negative thought >>>> key to>>>>> negative pathway>>>>> negative stored thoughts. Hypothalamus can use this if told to. Positive thought>>>> key to >>>> positive path>>>> positive stored thoughts, oops, there are none box is empty, they all got replaced with negative thoughts with the anxiety disorder. Need to build some positive thoughts to use (Positive cores) In truth they are still in the box but the negative thoughts keep pulling you on to the other path. You need a positive attitude to keep you on that path. The least doubt (easy to do) and you skip over to the other path. So even if you challenge the negative core prove it wrong and use that proof to build a positive core doubt, false observation or brow beating can make you use the negative one because it is still in memory. Repetition will have made that path twice as thick and twice as fast. You have a chore (mostly repetition) to change that so the positive has the thicker faster path.

I like to use weddings as associated. I'm losing my baby. Negative core. But i'm happy because she is. positive core. Her husband is a jerk. Either core, he might be. All associated, tied in with one event. Here is where mood effects which core is used.

Anything can become a core and any core can be replaced. (buried actually by repetition)

2,3 and 4 yes. Like neurons that are tied together all associated cores are tied together.
    Lock away a root core and you lock away it's associates too, but open again to the other root they are associated with. Lock those roots away and you get a dead spot, a black hole sucking up the thoughts they used. You will quickly fill it with positive cores, usually the opposite to the ones you locked away. Positive thought and positive attitude to use them does this automatic. Doubt interferes.

Thanks for explaining that.

So, these cores, not considering the key to open them, and all basically neurons linked by synapses. The root core would have synapses coming off it to each of its associated cores. So, does this mean that because these could be associated to multiple root cores, there is potentially associated cores with more than one synapse attached and it depends which synapse if bring used in terms of which root core it is being used witb at that time?

So, does this also mean that it is possible to have an even more complicated structure where a root core is actually an associated core of another root core (because it is linked to the other root core by a synapse)? What makes that the associated though when they are technically both primaries - is it because one of them is the original one and the other root core became attached later hence it has that secondary status but only when triggering its root core but when it itself is triggered it works solely with its own associated cores?

I wondered about this because I saw the Vicious Flower as a simple structure being applied to a far more complex concept - the brain! In business analysis we wouldn't have such a basic model in many cases as root causes tend to have various levels or flow charting can be much more complex than a standard model dependent on the subject being studied. So, in business analysis, if we used VF's we would have a deeper model with layers like I am asking about above.

So now you are getting into my thoughts on Gad. When a trigger does not have an answer in Episodic memory hypothalamus uses associated memory to find an answer. The rule or core it finds may drag along the associated cores with it since Hypothalamus is guessing. It has to try to fit it to see how close it is and if it works it gets moved to Episodic memory for future use, Worry increases the load on hypothalamus to try to find an answer. I think some of these associated thoughts open triggers that cause GAD yet seem to come out of the blue. I suppose in this case they do since they just showed up unrelated to the surrounding experience. Worry can come up with some weird answers (HA) and if they could be possibilities then they get moved to Episodic memory and stay there till proven wrong. Which if you didn't have HA would be easy. But if you have a core fearing death it will be used. In theory if these thoughts are in the negative memory positive thought will not be able to use them. A negative attitude makes you think worst case scenario. Who does not know someone who died of heart disease, stroke or Cancer. All memories are open to use. They only have one condition. Positive opens positive and negative opens negative. Then along comes Amygdala doing its check for danger with its own memory of past experiences it uses to make decisions. If anxiety or panic is it's answer then that is what you get. Unless you an override it with positive thought. The deck though is stacked agains this in an anxiety disorder. So thinking and staying positive is hard to do with core beliefs putting riders on every positive thought. We saw this in another post today. Negative thought can condition you to see an article in a way it was not meant to be. Out of context. You can learn 1+1= 2 in a day, no negative side and no riders to put on that simple fact. Not so with core beliefs. They take time. First you have to get rid of the riders.

---------- Post added at 01:01 ---------- Previous post was at 00:55 ----------

I'm sure root cores are sometimes subordinate to other roots depending on what core belief fits the thought best. Some roots never get used if a secondary spin off can fit the bill. This lack of use makes them harder to find.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information