Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it really true that you can recover from panic and anxiety?

Unhappy Is it really true that you can recover from panic and anxiety?

Hi guys, is it just me or do other people worry that they're never going to improve and be free from being plagued from this awful illness? You read of these success stories, but are people truly 'cured' for life? Maybe I'm just impatient or not seeing the fuller picture? Snaily.

Re: Is it really true that you can recover from panic and anxiety?

Hey Snaily! Calm down, I think when you have anxiety you can't recover 100% but you can like a 98% which would bring your life back to normal, try to stay calm, be positive you can private message me for specific issues if you want!

Yes it is true, but it means a lot of work few are willing to put in. I went from a panic attack every night and Agoraphobia during the day to one panic attack a year which was very mild and absolutely no Agoraphobia. But I am unique. I am totally recovered not just coping real well. I think though that you would accept coping if it would let you do what you want to and people do get that. Some (and they are on here) want to take it past coping to gone for good. They could stop at what they have but want total freedom from it. And that you get from cognitive restructuring. This is more than just thinking different. It is thinking different so strongly that the pathways in your brain change permanently. Like brain washing but to the good. And no it will not just change back on you when you are not looking.

Hi snaily and Gambit. Unfortunately I have been in this place for quite a while. Have been on different pills. Am now on Ven slow release and felt quite positive that this would be a help.
    So n ow I am thinking when my head is strange " is it the pills" when will they be a help? Doictor says you have to have faith in the pills so am now talking to myself positively. But it iks such a help reading others problems
    Best of Luck to you... Hopey

SSRIs only keep you from losing to much seratonin, they cure nothing. Seratonin is a neurotransmitter that regulates information going to and from the brain, in your body it controls actions with instructions from hypothalamus. In your brain it controls thoughts entering and here it's job is mostly to block. Personality can override it. When the pills don't work it is time to try something cognitive to change personality and attitude.

I was reading something the other day basically stating all of our anxiety issues are our own making we are not mentally ill we have simply put bad habits into motion with our vivid imagination if some of us got together we couple possibly write a blockbuster movie that would rake in millions at the box office instead we dwell on symptoms, twinges, intrusive thoughts etc etc

i must admit upon reading it i felt like id been given a happy pill so it just goes to show theres some basis in it

for instance as part of my ocd trait i rub my head a lot then at the end of the day i go all whacko cuz my head is numb its totally my fault but at the time OH MY GOOOOOOOODDDDD WHYS MY HEAD NUMB AND ALL CRAWLY FEELING lmao, still cant stop doing it though

ohwell

Well that article was close to the truth if you read the last pages if the thread words. Imagination comes from memory and memory controls every thought and action.

Quote Originally Posted by Davit View Post
    Yes it is true, but it means a lot of work few are willing to put in. I went from a panic attack every night and Agoraphobia during the day to one panic attack a year which was very mild and absolutely no Agoraphobia. But I am unique. I am totally recovered not just coping real well. I think though that you would accept coping if it would let you do what you want to and people do get that. Some (and they are on here) want to take it past coping to gone for good. They could stop at what they have but want total freedom from it. And that you get from cognitive restructuring. This is more than just thinking different. It is thinking different so strongly that the pathways in your brain change permanently. Like brain washing but to the good. And no it will not just change back on you when you are not looking.
    Hey davit. I think im one of those people who so desperately wants to be beyond treatment n gone for good...I think its the fear of it all. The feeling of feeling seriously unwell n just being so scared thay you wana get out - but you cant because it's a part of you, n lets face it, you can't exactly run away from yourself now can you!? Lol. I'm hopefully going to see a counsellor soon n start cbt - the waiting list is crazy long! (Which I guess just shows us jow many people out there are suffering n we r not alone!) Im just praying for a cure, and I know its gunna take a lot of work on my part. But im not gunna lie, im absolutely terrified of what im going to have to go through, cos like I say the feelings of being ill, going crazy n unable to cope. Im scared I'll end up doing something crazy - n I dont wana die, I just wana be free of being plagued n left to get on with my life n actually live it n be happy n confident! (Is it too.much to ask!?) Snaily.

snaily can I ask and can you be honest without dwelling?

is there a time of the day when you start feeling a bit normal ie when you have had a good nights sleep do you generally wake up ok?

if so does a thought pop up thinking hhmmmmmmi feel normal or do you question why you feel normal then by midday start feeling downhill?

I used to wake up ok lets use the word copeable? is that even a word lmao

but then because I felt normal id start questioning it like it was weird?

then bang by afternoon id have most of the symptoms of 300 critical illnesses

putting the fire out with petrol was my doing instead of starving it

For me personally it's all about acceptance. For a long while I refused to believe I had anxiety issues and it was just a phase but when I really thought about it, I realised I've probably been anxious on some level all my life. I haven't had a major anxiety episode for 3-4 years now (that was my worst time) but I do have days when I feel nervous, unsettled & overthink the simplest of things. I call these my 'glitch' days. I accept them for what they are, go with however I feel till it passes & move on. I don't know that I will ever be cured of anxiety - I think it's just the way my brain works. It's who I am & I have to acknowledge that. xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information