Thread: my mind us accepting intrusive thoughts

Unhappy my mind us accepting intrusive thoughts

I used to ignore my intrusive thoughts and neglected them but since few days my mind is accepting intrusive thoughts as my own ( my mind is aggrying with my vulgar intrusive thoughts about god) and I am unable to help it the thought doesn't leave my mind until it makes me agree with it or makes it accepted by my conscious my thoughts are generally about God and are vulgar. Please help me medications are - fluvoxin CO 100 A Acta zole Do Nazipam plus 0.25

Re: my mind us accepting intrusive thoughts

we are in same boat dear. I m having intrusive thoughts of pedophile and sexual thoughts for my family members . My mind checks them IF i like them. On many occasions i find that i like them. THEN comes severe anxiety that i m a monster who like to act on those thoughts. I m also taking medicines for past 1 year but not much of benefit. Agreeing with your thoughts will improve you for sure . Sometimes i m able to agree but most of times i keep on checking that i really liked the thought. Its extreme pain. I fear of GOD punishment. Please inbox me your whatsapp number.

But my mind accepts all intrusive thoughts and the acceptance is involuntary I can't help it

The agreement you make to take it away is your compulsion/ritual and all it does is confirm to your subconscious that these intrusive thoughts are "valid". Notice I said valid, not "correct".

Whilst you continue to do this you only reinforce your OCD and you need to stop this in order to break the cycle.

One way you could try this is with Mindfulness where you will be taught to acknowledge thoughts in a non judgemental way. You will still be accepting them but you won't be accepting the subject of your thoughts, just that these are just thoughts and mean nothing.

You can refuse to accept the thoughts, its just that the anxiety is overwhelming you until you give in and do it so it goes away. The result is, it goes away for now and then keeps coming because you are only keeping the cycle going by doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by ocdorwhat View Post
    we are in same boat dear. I m having intrusive thoughts of pedophile and sexual thoughts for my family members . My mind checks them IF i like them. On many occasions i find that i like them. THEN comes severe anxiety that i m a monster who like to act on those thoughts. I m also taking medicines for past 1 year but not much of benefit. Agreeing with your thoughts will improve you for sure . Sometimes i m able to agree but most of times i keep on checking that i really liked the thought. Its extreme pain. I fear of GOD punishment. Please inbox me your whatsapp number.
    that's a very common type of ocd,the intrusive taughts about killing,murdering and everything else,i myself only have one type,of humiliating things happening to me,but like i said its very common,i am sure you can find many good articles out there that can help you out,but having intrusive thoughts with family members must be very harsh on you,anyway just let them happen ang ignore them the best you can,you aren't a monster you were just given a bad mental disease since planet earth in general is a very terrible an unfair place,hang in there

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by abhaytheone View Post
    I used to ignore my intrusive thoughts and neglected them but since few days my mind is accepting intrusive thoughts as my own ( my mind is aggrying with my vulgar intrusive thoughts about god) and I am unable to help it the thought doesn't leave my mind until it makes me agree with it or makes it accepted by my conscious my thoughts are generally about God and are vulgar. Please help me medications are - fluvoxin CO 100 A Acta zole Do Nazipam plus 0.25
    i am guessing you are religious since you are having intrusive thoughts about god,well let me assure you if anything he just feels bad about your situation and compassion for such a horrible problem you carry,and at the end of the day thoughts themselves dont mean anything,they are just meaningless visualizations and voices,your actions are the only thing that truly counts

Thread Information