Thread: Bad Bout

Bad Bout

Hi Guys,

D'ont know how im managing to write this ( think its fear thts making me), I've had a really bad bout of flu over the past 3/4 days and am still suffering, but this is the first time ive had it along with my health anxiety and its scaring me specially some of the symptoms.
    I dont have a cold but a really sore chesty cough and it really hurts my head when i cough, lots of aches and pains sore throat and ear plus my gland has swollen at the back of my left ear like pea. I've had a sharp pain in the back of my head that comes on and off and then it aches until another sharp pain comes, had it for 3 days now and its worrying me as paracetamol doesn't really help it!!
    All sorts is going through my brain, like is it a tumour starting or a hemeoragge, I feel like im dying and i know i need to get a grip and be rational but i just cant at the mo, any help and support to get me through this would be great. Thanks.

shirley xx :(

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

You poor thing. But this does sound like classic flu rather than anything more serious. I've only had flu as such on 2 occasions, although I've had lots of bad colds that I thought were flu at the time! It was a long time ago now but I still remember how awful I felt.

You need to have lots of rest and lots of fluids - the fluids may even help the pains in your head. Have you got anyone looking after you? Have you tried any stronger medication - like the Beechams flu stuff?

Honestly, you're not dying, you just feel really really lousy and the horrible symptoms are triggering your anxiety which is making you feel worse. But you will start feeling better in a few days - as long as you rest up and try not to overdo it.

Caroline
    xxx

I completely sympathise with you. I'm into my 5th week of having a chest infection - 2 lots of antibiotics haven't helped me. My HA is in overdrive right now!!!!!

The last time i had the flu i was ill for about 6 weeks, maybe more. I wouldn't worry at all - the flu is a crapper and will leave you feeling exhausted even after other symptoms have gone.

Sarah

Thread Information