Thread: Missed period

Missed period

Has anyone missed a period before and things been ok x

Re: Missed period

Yes Beckie; I was underweight at a time and eating very little, and I skipped a few periods here and there. Another time, I suspect, I was possibly pregnant and miscarried very very early (phew! I was ballistic with worry) -- I was using a mirena coil which may explain this scenario. I also skip periods during stressful times and increasingly often while getting older.

I wouldn't assume catastrophic scenarios. Is this the first time it happens?

It has happened one before wen I had light spotting but then my period became normal after that and last week ive missed completely which had never happened im going thro the of scare at the moment and no that's a symptom so I'm struggling abit thanks for your reply

56 views and no ones had this .

Beckie, I am sorry you're anguished about that :(
    I've gone through my fair amount of scares as well for this, but I usually was afraid I may be preggie, while I suspect you are afraid of illnesses, is that correct?

I assume you're young so the idea of illnesses wouldn't cross my mind. Depending on your situation, I would have either a pregnancy test, either just wait and see how it goes... You're late. It happens. Stress, stuff... we aren't clockwork mechanisms.

If it's to put your mind at rest, by all means go to the ob-gyn, but please don't get all worked up about it. I am no doctor but I've got one of those, and skipped my fair share of periods without it ever being a sign of sickness. Take care

im 29 i cant go on anymore bloated constapaited just thinking the worse went to docs yest she sending for ultrasound to put my mind at rest but ill be worrying till i get that. dont no what to do just thinking the worse ive had ovary cancer blood test which was normal that was last sept

Beckie, good to have been to the doctor, so you can put your heart at rest. You'll be fine! Try to not worry too much about it

I'll try

Happened again 4 months on missed may period was fine June July August then missed Sept worryed about what's going on

Thread Information