Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: feeling depressed and anxious

Re: feeling depressed and anxious

Things will look better after proper sleep Annie. And I'm sure your son is going to bounce back super fast. Bouts of anxiety and depression don't always have to turn into big deals like a lot of us here suffer from. I've known plenty of people who have a crisis then come out the other side again pretty quickly.

It's good that he has you and the counsellor to talk to about anything on his mind. Have a good sleep and stay optimistic.

The hardest thing at the moment is that he is working in a town where he doesn't know anyone and he will be there until September. I just keep telling him to look ahead to then and to make plans for when he moves again.

He's got you, Annie. You've always be very supportive of people on here and he's going to be getting that on full throttle compared to us so I think he has some great support around him.

So, make sure you come on here and let us return the support you have given out.

You are bound to worry a lot about this as you know just how it feels and how none of us want to see anyone go through it. But your insight will help him to avoid the negative traps that many of us have fallen into.

Sorry to hear about this difficult time with your son. You have done a lot for him and he is in good hands. As we all know too well, it takes time and patience to come out of these dark places but he will. He has the biggest support on his side too!

Thank you Terry and swgrl. I have had a better day today...no crying so that means a good day. One of my friends called in for lunch so that cheered me up . I will speak to my son on facebook chat tonight. My daughter phoned at 8 am and I panicked thinking it was about my son but it was to tell me her friend had a baby last night. Good news for a change

Annie, you are such a loving and caring mum. Your children are lucky to have you! This situation will pass and I am certain you and your son will both bounce back. In the meantime, take it easy and look after yourselves.

Hi Annie, I'm sorry to hear about your son's breakup. 8 years is quite a long time to be with a partner, so breaking up now is bound to be difficult. I've never been in a long-term relationship, but if I lost someone I loved for several years, I think it would really hit me hard. I imagine it's a lot like a grieving process, except that you're grieving for the lost relationship.
    However, I'm glad you are there to support your son. Even though the situation hurts now, I think time is a healer in these sorts of cases, and things will gradually get easier. Also make sure you take time out to look after yourself. Lack of sleep makes my anxiety worse, too, but then again the anxiety makes it harder to sleep, so it's like a vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by xvolatileheart View Post
    Annie, you are such a loving and caring mum. Your children are lucky to have you! This situation will pass and I am certain you and your son will both bounce back. In the meantime, take it easy and look after yourselves.
    Thank you for your kind words

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:38 ----------

Thank you Sparkle. He has spoke on the phone to me tonight but I can tell from his voice that he is not coping well. I will see him on Saturday so will have a talk to him then. Xx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information