Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling so low...

Feeling so low...

Hello there,

I just wanted to share my feelings as I'm having a rough time at the moment and am hoping that you'll all know exactly where I'm coming from. Thanks in advance for reading.

I've been off meds for over a year and have really struggled with maintaining any self esteem or confidence. I took on a job that I'm massively out of my depth in, and feel like I stumble from one cock-up to the next there. I'm thinking about resigning because it's creating such a lot of stress and misery - my manager seems constantly displeased with my performance

I'm experiencing anxiety attacks several times a day - mainly at work in meetings - but also in my sleep, which wake me up with a feeling that I can't breathe.

I've currently got that familiar depression feeling that I want to climb into bed, pull the duvet over my head and block the world out forever.

Am going to see my GP to discuss going back on a treatment plan but feel so hopeless in the meantime. Can't stop thinking about what a useless idiot I am and it's making me feel worse and worse.

Thank you for listening.

Re: Feeling so low...

First of all, you are not a useless idiot at all!! You are very articulate and sound lovely.
    I am sorry that you are going through a rough patch. Have you ever read Claire Weekes' books? I would also recommend "tapping" for panic attacks, if you don't know how to do it look on Youtube " tapping for anxiety", it might seem a bit silly, but it is actually effective.
    You CAN and WILL get better x

Thanks so much for responding sial72, it really means a lot.

Am just looking at the Claire Weekes info online - fingers crossed its useful - thank you for the tip. I'm hoping a bit or rest and a quiet weekend will help ease the depression. I'll be sure to look up tapping, too. Thank you once again, it's good to know there are good people out there x

Not at all HotPot
    I am sure that if you don't get too afraid by how you are feeling, your body and mind will heal. It's fear that prevents us from getting better. Shout if you need me ;-)
    Take care x

Don't beat yourself up about it. It's very difficult feeling like that. I think you are doing the right thing in going to see your doctor. If it's not working, change something. You don't have to struggle like that. I say take all the help on offer and try and steady things whilst staying in your job.
    With help you can put yourself on a firmer footing and in a year will be glad you fought on and made it work.

I'd get him to check you out too. I think sometimes these things can be physiological. Tell him you think it's time you got a general check over to make sure everything's in order. Doctors like to do that occasionally.

Hang in there. You will come out of this. Happy times ahead.

Thanks very much, both. I'm feeling incredibly low again today and putting off doing anything (except vegging in front of the telly!) I know I need to pull myself together, but can't seem to. Hoping it lifts soon, and that I can get some help from the GP.

Thanks again for listening x

It is precisely when you are feeling low when you should make an extra effort. If you do something, anything, it will help it to lift. Good luck with the GP. Take care and let us know how you're getting on xx

Hi there, after a bit of a rocky start this morning and an anxiety attack this afternoon (in the cinema - I'd gone to try to take my mind off work worries), I'm feeling a bit better. Not looking forward to work tomorrow, of course, but at least I'm more rested today.

Thanks again to you guys for responding. It really did help when I was in a particularly dark hole to know that I wasn't alone in feeling the way I do.

Hi i downloaded a Claire Weekes audio book. I have found it really useful as she explains anxiety & low mood so well. She is a Dr & also talks about the fact that it is an illness & we can recover from it.I have the one titled Freedom from Nervous Suffering.Also when I am low & having anxiety I just want to hide away under the duvet or on sofa watching tv. When I force myself to see a friend or step outside it does break the spell if only for a short time. I know how hard it is to find the motivation but even just walking down the road & back for 5 mins is a good start. While walking notice as many things as you can around you - make a list in your head of as many things you can that you see or hear.This distraction helps to stop the negative thoughts that start the anxiety.

Hi Hotpot
    Don't even think about tomorrow yet, think about it tomorrow ...Hope you get a good nights rest xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information