Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panic attacks changing me

Panic attacks changing me

Hiya

When I overcame my panic attacks before I became a totally different person. I was positive about life, I was always smiling and laughing and I wanted to do stuff with my life.

Since the New Year my panic attacks have come back and I've gone back to square one, but worse. I am very self conscience, I can't have coffee and alcohol because they make me panic and the smallest of things seem to scare me like somebody calling my name. I got a job on Wednesday for the first time and I didn't feel excited. On occasions I felt as though I was going crazy and that was very scary.

I am really confused with what is happening to me and I need to see a doctor but I am too scared. I went to book a Physio appointment for my back and I had been feeling depressed at the time for an unknown reason, I told her and she was not willing to help unless I was attempting/thinking of committing suicide. She then told me that I could go to this centre and pay to get counsilling. I was 16 years old with no job, I found that a total insult!

I can't tell my Mum either because she is too stressed out at the moment with work and my Dad isn't understanding so this is a thing I need to do alone ... but I'm scared :(

"My teddy last night was a paper bag, to keep my safe."

jadey,
    How did you manage to overcome the panic attacks before? Try to focus on the fact that you have overcome them once, and you will do so again. I would go back and see a different doctor, or ask someone at your school (if you are still there!) - we have a counsillor at school, or they may be able to get one for you. I would tell your Mum, too - she'd feel awful to know you are suffering.

When I overcome them before I met my boyfriend. I felt loved and wanted and the confidence I got from that relationship helped me at school.

Na I go to college now, I left school last June. We have somebody at college who does stuff about the health of the students, I have to call her soom about my back actually.

With my Mum being stressed out at work I woul fear that it would make her worse knowing that I am having panic attacks.

Hello Jadey. You are going through it eh?

Now, I can only speak from my point of view but if any one of my girls were going through what you are I'd want to know. No matter how stressed I was feeling myself.

We mums have a built in need to love and help our offspring, it doesn't matter what we may be going through ourselves. Our instinct is towards you.

May I say it would probably stress your dear mum more if she finds out that you have been suffering alone.

My eldest daughter's marriage broke up just before Christmas 2005 whilst I was still very poorly with anxiety and stress. She didn't tell me until after Christmas because she didn't want to make me feel worse. I appreciated her concern but all I could think about was how she must have been suffering all by herself.

So, please try and tell your mum. I'm sure she would rahter have it that way. Then you could help each other couldn't you?

Take care

lotsa luv

GG [:P]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

I know I should tel my Mum but like everytime she stresses out, makes us both worse (I panic and she stresses). I want to see somebody so I can get better and she won't need to know.

Well, there are lots of places you can go for help. Try this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onelife/...hy_mind#topics

there are links from that site, to others specially for young people, too. I am sure you will have counsellors at college, too - ask the helath person when you see her about your back. there is so much support around for people, particularly of your age, that you could probably get support and help without your mumknowing (I'm a teacher, so I know about the support available). If you want to pm me, I could send you more links and phone numbers- I'll have a look for you tomorrow. Have you read the first steps on here, and tried any of the relaxation techniques?

Oh jadey, you sould talk to your mum, i,m sure would understand, i,ve tried sorting things out myself but it do,nt work ,talking to your mum will help you both, you could ask your mum to talk about hhow she is feeling, and maybe this will give you the confidence you need to talk to her about how you are feeling too. Give it a go ,what have you got to loose?.

Jadey

Try to talk to your mum but if you cant we are all here to support you.

You overcome it before and you will again and we will all make sure that you do.

Big hugs babe.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Hey Jadey,

So sorry to hear you are suffering so much and feel alone, hey you are deffo not alone we are all here for you. You'll tell your Mum no doubt when the time is right xxx

You said you were at college - lots of colleges have counsellors or someone you could talk to, maybe have a word with the tutor without going into detail and just say 'who could i chat to in private to discuss some personal issues?'.
    Come into chat if you need to offload and get some support but have a think about that fact you have overcome this before.

The site motto of course is JFDI 'Just flipping Do it' a possive saying to make us beleive in ourselves and you having overcome the PAs before can do so again.

TC Jadey and remember we are all here for you

love Sax xxxx

I think I will have to talk to my Mum tonight, I am starting to becone quiet (my friends kept saying that and asking if I am ok) and I don't want her to keep questioning herself "Why is Jade so quiet?". I have changed alot as I have mentioned and I would think that my Mum would have noticed by now so I'll have to explain why I have been feeling like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information