Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: delete

delete

can you delete my account plz

Re: delete

What's up Tricia?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I just think maybe i should leave as I feel some people on here think I post to much andi don't help myself , as i ask alot for reassurance quite alot , so if I delete my account it might help with the reassurance issue I have

Well you can post as much as you like but if YOU and no-one else think you would be better off if you left then do it for you but don't do it for anyone else Tricia.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Oh Tricia, no one can possibly think you post too much and what is wrong with wanting reassurance. Forums are for that. I would miss you. You don't post a fraction of what I do. Yeah I know some think I post too much, but they are a minority. I don't remember you ever asking what wasn't an honest question.

---------- Post added at 15:57 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

Sorry Tricia that was not proper of me. If you feel you must leave then you must. I'm thinking I could probably use a break too. I think I'll do that.

Nicola is right. Only leave if you want to.
    Let's face it, we all ask for reassurance, that is why we are here, isn't it?
    Do what is right for you.

Well I don't think that. There is nothing wrong with reassurance its only when it becomes part of a cycle such as in OCD that it becomes a negative.

Do what you feel is best for you. Anxiety is a very tough condition to recover from and if people can't understand that we all get stuck at some point, I don't think they understand these disorders. Not only that but our health care system does a fine job of causing this too, something which I recall you have experienced.

Don't allow anyone's views to push you off here but also think about whether there is misinterpretation because this is common too.

thk you all for your kindness towards me, I don't want to leave as i get so much support from most of you,as I don't have much support around me, and admit I do post quite a lot and i think it is because ive had the anxiety so long I feel that I must be doing wrong that is keeping the anxiety going, as I seem to know all about anxiety and what I should do to, but for some reason my brain wont exept that is only anxiety and it cant harm me or hurt me, I do try to let it just be there and try and carry on as normal but its still there so I let it take over my life every day, i want to be really honest with you all so maybe you get a insight of how i am and behave and think.When im anxiouse i just sit worring about how im feeling, why wont it go away, etc. Im just so scared of it and i think that's my problem and i think that its why i am always ASKING for reassurance as i don't try to reassure myself or believe in myself if that makes sence. you all know ive had the cbt in the past ,but ive never gone down the medication root im just too scared, i know my gp and many of you on here have said to try it but i just cant do it and sometimes i feel that im being pressured into taking them as that is the only option left that will help me, but i just cant seem to take the risk because im to scared because i don't know what will happen to me taking them ,i don't know if it is because im scared of the side effects especialy the suicidal thoughts that u might get as i get intrusive thoughts now and i think what if they meds make me do something i dont want to do , so that petrifys me, also because i know of people who is on them it either makes them worse or the still have the anxiety or depression, so my mind thinks whats the point in taking them(this is how my mind works all the time)always anailizing everything.Sorry for this post being so long i just wanted to very honest and open with you all, SO THK YOU for hopefully reading this, sorry i forgot to mention i seem to be obsessed with the anxiety for some reason and i don't know why or how i can stop being like it.
    Last edited by tricia56; 27-06-15 at 12:23.

Tricia, I had a massive phobia of medications.. I was first given them last year and before that I'd been encouraged to take them for a year before that. I couldn't even imagine taking it and it would cause me to panic at the thought. It's the unknown and putting something in your body that might make you feel worse even though you already feel awful.

But I got to a point where anxiety was making me lose everything in my life and I HAD to do something else. Like you is tried everything else, but nothing seemed to work enough as it was just the underlying anxiety all the time.

So on Thursday I started sertraline. It was terrifying and I almost backed out so many times. But I did it and it wasn't awful or anything. I took an 1/8 of a tablet so knew any effect it had would be very little. Anyone else here that's seen me point will know how hard that was for me. I'm now on day 3 and have panicked a little bit nothing like the panic attacks I was having before.

It's completely up to you and medication isn't a cure but it was such a massive phobia for me, facing it has shown me how much strength you actually have. But don't feel like you can't post here, anxiety is a hard condition to live with alone when no one else understands!

thk you Kimberly, like you, just thought of it and talking about taking them makes me panic, and its true wat u say about the fear of the unknown is a problem for me, i think a other reason why i don't help myself and constantly thinking about the anxiety all the time is that is i spend far to much time alone, ive never had any hobbies as i was to busy looking after all my children(8) and other family members , i don't socialize ,or have any friends ware i live as most of my children and family live the other side of the city ware i live , as i moved 3yrs from that part of the city ware they all are, and because i find it very difficult to travel on any kind of public transport because i feel so anxiouse i don't go anyware much really only if i have to so i think on my own a lot isn't doing me any good .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information