Thread: can anxiety make your legs ache and bottom of back

can anxiety make your legs ache and bottom of back

yesterday i was so wound up all day i noticed my legs were realy achey and it was like toothache in both my legs then i noticed bottom of my back was same wo worried all day kept thinking blood clot in my legs do to takeing hrt but only been on them since august it kept me tense all day and i feel the worry in my face i look so sad but then again being this way for so long i must look sad all the time i guess that because most of us are unhappy with our selfs for being this way i say to my self this is not liveing i am just serviveing evry day with constant battle of feeling anxiouse and tense 24 7 any way hope to get some comfort from here today thanks to all on the site reading it does help knowing i am not alone trish55

hi trish,

I don't really know if being anxious can give you those symptoms or not but I do know I have had such a variety of symptoms over the years which are caused by my anxiety that it is most likely that this is too. If you find it comes on more when you are particularly stressed then it is more than likely. However I must admit that whenever I have a new symptom that I haven't had before that I am worried about, I usually end up at the doctor's getting it checked out just in case so if your leg and back pain keeps bothering you and isn't getting better then maybe you should go to the doc's and put your mind at rest. I'm sure it wouldn't be anything as bad as blood clot, it is probably just muscle tension caused by stress.
    I hope this helps,
    Sneezy
    PS. I know what you mean when you say you are just surviving and not really living, but keep at it, and you will start to get more good days and less bad days.
    Take care.

i have had this but i dont know if its related to anxiety.i do know that if it was a blood clot it would be swollen and usually a red mark somewhere on your leg.

Thread Information