Thread: Finding it hard to cope with the panic attacks

Finding it hard to cope with the panic attacks

I'm 34 and been havin these dreadful attacks since January I've always been a healthy person so they started it really knocked me for six I didn't have a clue what was wrong with me so when my doctor diagnosed me with anxiety and told me that what I was experiencing was panic attack I really thought she wasn't taking me serious, but the more I've looked into I realised that it is. I experience them more or less everyday the only thing that veries is the serverity. I thought once I knew what was wrong with me i would be able to get treated and put it behind me but after reading people's stories on this site I worry that this May be it for life every attack is as scary as the first and once one starts there is NO stopping it and most times they last for atleast an hour and half I feel terrible and terrified they are here for good.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Jo1980 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Finding it hard to cope with the panic attacks

I felt that way too and it took a lot of learning about why they happen and how to get rid of them. Relief can happen in as little as three weeks, function in six weeks to six month and total recovery in a year or less. Seems like a long time right. My year was over five years ago, it never came back.

Thank you for your kind words I have read majority of the information on here it's been very helpfull and always fills me with confidence for my next attacks I always feel like come on I'm ready to tackle this and will not let it beat me but as soon as an attack starts everything I have read or learned goes str8 out the window, but I hearing that somebody has beat this horrible illness in a year sounds brilliant I've not herd any1 say they have beaten this yet so hearing u have has been problerly the most encouraging feeling thank you I'm gona beat this too jus hope I can do it in a year and not having it drag out longer I feel a total freak and like nobody believes or understands how bad things really get I feel it has taken over my whole being.

I was in the same place as you a few years ago but my panic attacks are now very rare. This programme was a great help to me http://cbt4panic.org/

Sam is likely going to beat my year. I'm not that rare, just more vocal about it. If everyone doing great came forward even though they are still a work in progress this would be a long thread.

---------- Post added at 14:45 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

It has taken over your whole being and we will help you take it back.

Thread Information