Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: upped my cit

upped my cit

Ive been my docs this morning and he has upped my CIT from 20mg - 30mg as my anxiety is awful.. I was worried about upping them as when i started them they made me feel awful ( tight chest and tight knot in stomach and just so so anxious) but soon as i took the higher dose at 10am this morning within seconds of taking it i got tight knot in belly and tight chest (is this cos i was expecting it/over thinking or do it actually work that fast? )
    I wanna stick with them as i want my life bk but i just hate feeling like this

Re: upped my cit

I doubt you would get side effects within seconds of taking it, so it's more likely to be anticipation anxiety. I also had the tight-chested feeling when I first started, and also when upping the dose, but thankfully it has passed. Try to stick with it and hopefully you'll be feeling better soon.

hi when I first restarted cit 20mg last week, id say within an hour of taking the meds I got to some right weird symptoms and pains, which bothered me quite a bit as I would have actually said I was in quite a positive state of mind just watching the tele... by day 5 I felt great but sadly crashed a bit come the 2nd week and im just starting to have breakthrough times of the day where I feel ok x

Thanks guys its now day 3 but only (5.59am) took my cit late last nigjt now i woke at 5am in full panic attack :( hate waking in night or early morning

my citalopram also gave me mini panic attacks that were automatic where as before my panic attacks were pre empted with a days worth of mind chatter

however 12 days in im not perfect but I haven't had a panic attack

Keep going, night and early morning panic attacks are the worst aren't they! I take my cit in the morning to try to prevent the insomnia but i still can't get to sleep and wake up throughout the night.

Its day 6 now of upped cit and to be honest i dont no how i feel.. Its like my mind is looking for something to be wrong and its pretty annoying. Plus also time of month for me which dont help.. Am still feeling a bit anxious and dont no how long will b till higher dose settle in

I hope it settles for you. It's still early days of the upped dose. Your probably exhausted from everything going on. I think I am.

Day 8...

No major anxiety but mind is still examining body for something wrong then i end up with tight knot in belly n an anxious mind hoping a few more days an i will b normal again (whatever normal is??) but i am exhausted i could just sleep all day/night

Quote Originally Posted by honeyp1e View Post
    Day 8...

No major anxiety but mind is still examining body for something wrong then i end up with tight knot in belly n an anxious mind hoping a few more days an i will b normal again (whatever normal is??) but i am exhausted i could just sleep all day/night
    Maybe feeling tired is your bodies way of saying it needs to sleep to recover, if your dose has been upped what you are expieriencing is your body getting used to the new dose and perhaps more rest then usual will be of benefit it was to me.

Whenever mine was upped i had the same sort of symptoms you describe for about 2 weeks.

So am sure it will settle soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information