Thread: Back and muscle pain

Back and muscle pain

Hello,

I have been depressed since January, suffered with anxiety and depression for 20 years.

Anyway I have ignored it until last week when I had a lot of personal stress.

Now I have got back tension and aches that move about.

I have wrist pain too.

I have a problem with my ankle and feet so going for a foot scan.

But I am in so pain pain with these muscles aches. I can't eat or sleep. Also got the shakes.

I am on a low dose of seroxat only 10mg.

I feel like I am having a breakdown.

Is all the aches and pains ( apart from feet) due to me hitting rock bottom?

Re: Back and muscle pain

It can be the way that what IS true is there can be a tendency to look for things being a sign of something bigger. So dont go down that route. Just assume things are simple and straightforward.

I personally dont think the aches and pains would be down to hitting rock bottom. Theyre probably all separate issues.

Your back tension may be from the anxiety and tension yes. I use a ball and lie on it, rolling it around the sore areas. Its like a massage and loosens up knotted muscle.

Get your wrist and ankle checked out. You might have a small injury there which just needs time and rest.

Thanks.

I went to the doc and she thinks it is anxiety and tension.

I suffer from panic attacks and I am very stressed out person in general (even when I have nothing to stress over!) and I take my tension out on my back and shoulders without realising it. I have constant upper back pain which can range from a dull ache to sharp pains. I went to the doc yesterday about it and he felt all my back, listened to my heart and lungs etc and the second he touched my back I almost yelped in pain and he said he could tell it was tension before he even checked me because I was sitting hunched and I never even noticed because its became a habit. He reassured me that if my back is sore to touch or gets better or worse with movement, its just strained muscles from anxiety and stress.

I find naproxen is a really good painkiller for these kind of aches and pains. I don't take it often as its quite sore on the stomach but it is really good when I need it.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFish View Post
    I suffer from panic attacks and I am very stressed out person in general (even when I have nothing to stress over!) and I take my tension out on my back and shoulders without realising it. I have constant upper back pain which can range from a dull ache to sharp pains. I went to the doc yesterday about it and he felt all my back, listened to my heart and lungs etc and the second he touched my back I almost yelped in pain and he said he could tell it was tension before he even checked me because I was sitting hunched and I never even noticed because its became a habit. He reassured me that if my back is sore to touch or gets better or worse with movement, its just strained muscles from anxiety and stress.

I find naproxen is a really good painkiller for these kind of aches and pains. I don't take it often as its quite sore on the stomach but it is really good when I need it.
    Good thing about that though is its just tense, knotted muscle and you can just loosen that up with a massage ball or a massage.

The back of my shoulder had been tight and sore for years after. I got a yoga ball/lacrosse ball and lied on the floor and rolled back of my shoulder all around it. It was painful so I took some ibuprofen then I could really massage the muscle with the ball. And it went ! It just disappeared within about a week. Now I wish I had more painful areas so I can do the same thing to those. Pick up a yoga ball or a lacrosse ball off Amazon. They're not expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFish View Post

Funny you should mention naproxen. The doc has just wrote me a perscription for that. She has told me i have to take paracetomol with it.

Hi Julie could I please ask if you get pain in both of your ankles and wrists as I also suffer from gad and panic disorder for about ten years but over the last 4 months my ankles and wrists have been hurting and feels like my tendons on back of ankles are pulling , also my calfs and forearms are tight and feels like I have shin splints, have had blood tests for any inflammatory condition but all negative but I am worrying myself sick why I am in pain.. I have been trying to find out if anyone with anxiety etc has experienced the same ... Love and light x

Actually a few weeks ago i did have ankle and wrist pain and calf pain.

The ankle and calf pain was cause i was walking funny as i have inflammation on my feet.

The wrist pain i think was due to muscle tension.

Hope you feel better soon xx

---------- Post added at 23:26 ---------- Previous post was at 23:25 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Princess23 View Post
    Hi Julie could I please ask if you get pain in both of your ankles and wrists as I also suffer from gad and panic disorder for about ten years but over the last 4 months my ankles and wrists have been hurting and feels like my tendons on back of ankles are pulling , also my calfs and forearms are tight and feels like I have shin splints, have had blood tests for any inflammatory condition but all negative but I am worrying myself sick why I am in pain.. I have been trying to find out if anyone with anxiety etc has experienced the same ... Love and light x
    Sounds weird but if you can accept the pain, then it does actually decrease.

Thread Information