Thread: FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE

FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE

When we are battling through the day with depression/anxiety its so easy to forget what we have achieved, for example even though I have it I still get my son out to school, go to work, keep a clean home etc. if you think about it surely we must be stronger than we think we are being able to do these things under such strains.

Please remind yourself how valuable you are TODAY !!!!![^]

Luv Pinky

Yesterdays history, Tommorows a mystery, today is a gift, thats why its called the present.

What a lovely post Pinky and so true. xxx

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

yeah that is a lovely post!!!!!!!!
    i think sometimes we just don,t give ourselves enough praise for the things we have done,and just knock ourselves for the things we have,nt managed!
    take care pinky
    rach x

Very true Pinky
    I too think we are very hard on ourselves and we are more so looking for the "bigger" things as achievments when all in all just getting out of bed in the morning is our very first achievment for the day, so i now look at all i have done for the day such as showering, blow drying my hair etc as a good achievment and be proud of what i have done throughout the day, regardless of how big or small it may have been.
    take care
    prin

Thumbs up Re: FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE

Hi there.

Just read your post. I do this too.

I have a very small notebook which I try to write in every day. Its small so I don't feel put off by trying to fill the space. I choose 3 positive things for the day. And like you I appreciate that some things really ARE achievements for us, like doing the housework, sometimes even getting out of bed in the morning is a good thing.

Time spent with my daughter is great. Even silly chats or singing in the car on the way to school. These things lift me so I write them down. Writing them makes them seem more important, or stronger or bigger. I dont always remember to write. Sometimes I am too down. But when I do it I really notice a difference. It helps you remember that its not all bad!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.So sail away from the safe harbor. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Re: FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE

Thats a brilliant post mate, and it is a reminder that even though sometimes we think we are rubbish because we struggle with the normal day to day routines, we are infact a lot stronger than people without anxiety, because they can do everything without having to think about it, where as sometimes we really have to battle with ourselves to do the most simple of tasks, but we don't give up we carry on and JFDI, so infact we achieve a lot more than most people will ever realise.

Take care

Trac xxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Hi Pinky

Only just started looking through thiis top tips section. I should have done it sooner!

I agree with you. I have a diary and when things hav taken a turn for a worse, I give myself "brownie points" for all the positive things I've done. Ot helps keep life in perspective and show there are good thingsI am doing!

PMT - Proof that God must be a man

Thank you for a lovely and valuable posting.

thats a great post pink good attitude to have...........need to do that myself most of the time.................linda xx

Thread Information