Thread: Having a blip :(

Having a blip :(

Hello, well its been almost three weeks now since I came off Trazodone. I have to say I'm so glad to be off it, I'm sleeping well and 'was' feeling great... Maybe psychologically relieved after feeling so ill for 5 months!

However the last few days I feel as though there's a cloak of anxiety around me. I can't seen to shake it off its there all the time - I don't have any reason now to be anxious, I didn't feel like this before I started taking trazodone (took it for insomnia) so this is a feeling I've only had since I took the med and I assumed coming off it it would go.

Can anyone advise - perhaps it's some kind of delayed withdrawal?

Just want it to go and get back to normal which I thought I was!!!

Thanks for reading

Re: Having a blip :(

hi crystal 3 weeks isnt a long time in real terms its probably just rebound anxiety.Try and work on some CBT tactics to get over the blip

Thanks Andy, I'm assuming rebound anxiety is temporary? (Please say yes!!!) I thought I'd won the lottery after coming off traz and having 2 amazing weeks!

Yes I will try some CBT exercises thank you.

How are you these days?

if you have had two amazing weeks tell yourself you will have them again ,there is no reason why not.Recovery is never linear its always up and down you need to ride the waves and wait for the calm
    im ok bumbling along ,probably 80% recovered.Im starting a new job at the end of this month with a better working environment which i hope will really help me move onto the next stage
    anyhow i think your anxiety is temporary,coming off ADs is never easy so try and be patient

Yes I guess you're right, just ride it and accept it but know I will be ok in time. I feel slightly cheated if I'm honest because of my quick 'recovery' then suddenly it's as though an invisible force is gripping me and won't let go. I will try to stay positive though and keep telling myself this feeling won't last.

Really wish you lots of luck with your new job - sounds like you're taking care of yourself and not just accepting an unfavourable situation. Hope it works out well for you!

Thanks as always for the advice!

you will be fine crystal ,you have the right attitude to recover
    keep going things will get easier

Mr Andy's right, Crystal. Don't analyse yourself too much. You're heading very much in the right direction and are free of trazodone. There is no logical reason to suggest that you will return to how things were but I do understand your fears. It's still very early days in your recovery.

Thank you both for your support, much appreciated

You can feel edgy and nervous coming off trazodone, it might well be this. Coming off meds can makes me feel nervous for a while.

Hi Crystal,

Sorry to hear you are having a blip BUT also glad to see you called it that because thats al it may be. A few days is not an indicator of an emerging trend so a blip is a healthy way to look at it and not start thinking that it will be a decline.

You had blips when you were coming off as well and sometimes there were reasons for it on top of the meds e.g. workmen in, stuff to sort out, etc so could it even be things like that? If so, it's just something else to work on to prevent anxiety making you feel worse or even making you feel negative at all, so going back to the CBT may help with some of this.

You also have to consider the impact of what you have been through - the real test is always how we handle the bad things. So, it could just mean that you are still a bit sensitive to a trigger popping up but challenging it or accepting it and getting on with things, etc or whatever methods help you, will mean you will sort this out in time.

You have to remember the brain learns. If you spend time reacting to triggers, it builds that in to keep doing it. So, if you spent that time on the Traz reacting badly, you could have some extra work to do to reduce how you react so that your brain relearns that things are ok and the reaction is no longer needed.

Thread Information