Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Big success for me

A Big success for me

Hi everyone

Just wanted to let you all know that firstly im going back to work on monday, after my time off work with my return of cancer, for a few hours a day for the time being. I want to walk there and back and i am going to give it a try. I won't know unless i try it so watch this space. lol

I still have a long way to go before im back to normal and not thinking about it coming back again but i have been doing a lot of things to overcome my agoraphobia.

Ive been driving further than normal and going places that i would not like to try. Been to the dentist and have to go back later, taken my son to the hospital for a test, been in town on my own shopping and been through traffic lights that i dont like, (talking to piglet - rather her talking to me lol)

MY big success though was yesterday, my other half and I went for a walk with the dog and we usually go to a certain place and turn round and come back.

Not today though we got half way round and i said "erm im thinking of going the whole way round" and while i was feeling good and thinking that way that i wanted to try it i decided to go. Once i'd said i'd go i could feel the anxiety starting but i did not try to distract myself i just kept saying to myself the affirmation i had read that morning and it must have worked as I did it with no panic attack.

I was so bloody chuffed with myself and my other half was too that he took me out to lunch.

Im still sat here worrying about doing it again as im scared next time i will have one - errrr.

It seems now the only thing that happens to me when im anxious is the breathing - funny enough though it seems worse after ive done something i perceive as anxious. Does anybody else feel worse after?

My other half is gonna ring me later to let me know if he needs a lift home from work and im ready to give it a try but still nervous but i want to do it and i dont want to do it if that makes sense. will let you know how i get on a dentist and whether i have to pick him up.

Im also at the hospital on monday for a check up after my treatment and to be honest with you all im Bricking it as im scared still they will find something else and well you know the rest.

Anyway im trying to stay positive and fight these bloody horrible things together with you lot.

I would like to say thank you all very much from the bottom of my heart for helping me so much these past few months - you know who you all are.

Sorry for a long one

Love bobsy x x x x x x

Well done Bobsy. You're doing so well. Remember small steps and then they get bigger.

Love Jo x

Jo

Aww you're doing brilliant our kid!!

(((Bobs)))

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

HI Bobsy

What a great post ! your a brilliant assett to the forum hun, you just proved to everyone how Agorophobia can be beaten, im so proud of you, WELL DONE !

Im sure returning to work will be the icing on the cake for you !

lm so chuffed for you Bobsy !

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

What a positive post Bobsy. Well done for all your achievements. You are an inspiration to others still struggling in the early days of anxiety.

I hope the appointment goes well.

Karen

Why does my heart go on beating?
    Why do these eyes of mine cry?
    Dont they know its the end of the world?
    It ended when you said goodbye

i dont no u but it was great to read about u and how well u r doing. i hope and pray al goes well for u at hospital checkup. u seem to be doing very well and it encouraging for me to hear how well other people r doing.thank u for sharing that with us, u made me feel so positive.well done on all accounts.take care

pjrobb

Mate,

You have done so well with coping with everything that has been 'thrown' at you the past few months, I am so proud of you, you never let any of it get you down and you still carried on fighting the anxiety even when you felt your worst.

I am soooo bloody proud of you Bobs.

Love

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

hi bobsy

Just wanted to say well done.
    You are an inspiration!!!
    Traceyxxx

WELL DONE BOBSY[Yeah!][Yeah!][Yeah!]

Ellen XX

Oh bobsy ur just amazing...so proud of you as you shud b too...ur an inspiration to us all hun...

<center>(((WELL DONE BOBSY)))</center>

Take care,
    Lin xxx
    "Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information