Thread: Anyone tried psychotherapy for ha

Anyone tried psychotherapy for ha

Hi all, I've tried 2 rounds of cbt and although some improvement, I'm still driving myself crazy. Anyone tried psychotherapy? If so, what's your thoughts on this treatment. X

Re: Anyone tried psychotherapy for ha

Will be stalking this as I'm interested to know thoughts. I've had CBT twice and it helps a bit to manage the symptoms but certainly hasn't been a cure for me. In all honesty I'm not sure there really is a cure, but I do think pyschotherpy might be more helpful in identifying the causes and understanding the role HA has in your life. I had two years of counselling that was using an integrated approach and for me that was more helpful than CBT.

Thanks for your response, it's my next course of action as too scared to take meds and I really want to get to the bottom of this x

Hi hun, quick update, I've been referred to psychology services, waiting list about a year, but it will be worth it if we can get to the bottom of it. Having some relapse cbt soon to help me while waiting.
    X

I've done psychotherapy twice for depression and "scanxiety" after my illnesses. Both times it was in conjunction with meds and both times it was quite effective. The second time, after my cancer, I also used a CBT program on my own that was quite helpful.

In both cases, it took a lot of hard work and inner fortitude to get through the muck and into the sunlight again. Like they say... "Anything worth having is worth working hard for".

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks Fishmanpa, I believe I've got a good insight into my own issues, I just can't stop the irrational thoughts at times, when I'm good, I'm great but I can be thrown by the littlest thing.
    I really appreciate your replies, you really are the voice of reason.
    X

Thread Information