Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Suggestion

Add a "Recipes" area to the Miscellaneous threads.

Positive thoughts, cake and other yummy things!
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Suggestion

I guess it depends on the need and demand for it FMP

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

True... My thought is, with the myriad of digestive issues caused by anxiety disorder, proper nutrition is vital to minimize symptoms. We talk about therapy and supplements, why not food as a method to reduce anxiety and the physical symptoms associated by it?

Examples would be heart healthy meals and snacks, foods high in anti-oxidants for cancer prevention, low sugar alternatives for cakes and desserts etc...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Good idea Fishmanpa. I'd look at it.

I think Yvonne has a recipe thread on here already .... She's shared a ton of delicious sounding meals!

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=139285

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    I think Yvonne has a recipe thread on here already .... She's shared a ton of delicious sounding meals!

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=139285
    Yes, like that but geared toward healthy eating. Not that all those recipes don't sound wonderful, but I couldn't do the extra sugar and butter and such. With my physical issues, my wife and I cook lots of things to keep ourselves healthy. ex: She made a no sugar banana nut bread that's out of this world that other day... I do a home made all natural hummus to drool over etc. Perhaps I'll just start a thread and see where it goes

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 02-09-15 at 15:59.

Yes please!!!! Fishmanpa I have to follow a very strict non gluten, sugar and dairy diet. It can sometimes get boring and I would love some good recipes...for one I would love the hummus one x

Sounds good to me! Gluten and other food sensitivities/allergens have been linked to anxiety, in fact, anxiety is a common symptom that identifies them for a person. Recipes abound online, but what I think makes sense is to share the ones that we make ourselves, or test in our own kitchens. If we have actually made them and love them, then it should help to keep the number reasonable.

Home cooking is the best way to ensure we aren't getting anxiety-provoking fillers that are "snuck into" prepared and convenience foods. Most of us have no idea of the amount of soy we are eating, and no, it is definitely not good for us, not the stuff we get. My doctor advises to stay away from it. ... Until I did, I had "IBS" that was out of control. No more!

Annie's got one on the Misc board.

Makes sense as maybe a sub board but maybe more top tips or natural remedies? There are threads scattered about certain elements of using food to help. I get the point about it being on Misc though if it's more general.

It's something doctors sadly miss when they just hand the pills over. It's a shame they don't think about how you may not even be eating well enough to make Serotonin.

I dunno ... Do pumpkin seeds and spirulina become actual serotonin in our gut? I mean, that would be great, considering that's where the majority of our serotonin receptors are. But I'm not sure. So, for now I will take my L-tryptophan on an empty stomach so it crosses the blood-brain barrier, and keep my fingers crossed. Lol!

... I'm thinking if Recipes/foods had their own sub board, it would be easier to use subject lines to split into side dish or breakfast or dinner or snack or what have you. ... And to give a new home to scattered threads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information