Thread: How Do You Know If You Had a Mini Stroke Or Heart

How Do You Know If You Had a Mini Stroke Or Heart

I was just wondering how do you know if you are really feeling bad or you had a mini stroke or some type of heart problem.I had been laying in bed most of the day and a friend came by .We went out in the cold for a bit and I came in and it felt as though i was really tired and sleepy and weak..My breathing felt funny like it was hard for me to just walk around a little without getting out of breath.Right now I even feel my arm feel tired but well I had my feet up and knees in most of the afternoon and doing some writing on the internet..How do you know if its from laying around or you are seriously experiencing something bad..All of a sudden I just feel so tired and my breathing feels a little hard and im sleepy.My pulse rate seems ok.but im no doctor so how do you know. .Could it just be from being out in the snow a little.. thatt caused me to feel bad or was i feeling bad all day and didnt know it.. I just took a tylenol too so im worried about that..I was just cuious if anyone could really tell?

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
    with sufferings of body and mind
    quickly be freed from their illnesses.
    May those frightened cease to be afraid,
    and may those bound be free.
    May the powerless find power,
    and may people think of befriending each other.
    May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
    the children, the aged, the unprotected--
    be guarded by beneficent celestials,
    and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

If you've been out in the cold and then come into the warm, that can make you feel tired and weak, I think if you'd had a mini stroke, you'd feel worse than that.

I don't think you'd be typing on a computer if you'd had a stroke or heart "thing".

I'm sure you'll be just fine

Sarah x

well i was talking about mini strokes most people dont even know they have had them and then its a warning for a serious stroke.. just was thinking but maybe its the flu AGAIN or could be my heart which nobody believes and im suppose to be healthy so well i have ignored it maybe i shouldnt have then again could be cause i laid around to much . thanks for replying

Hi. How are you doing. I read most of your messages, and for 3 years, until about 6 months ago, went through the same as you. I can totally empathise with every message you write. I wonder, have you been for any therapy, or has your Dr been understanding with you through all this? Im newish to the forum, so might have missed a lot of your info, so dont know what treatment you have tried...
    Every pain I had was cancer, if I had a headache I had a brain tumer. If I had indigestion, surely it was a heart attack. I started seeing a wonderful Dr in my practice, took a good friend along with me, (who could LISTEN to what he was telling me, then she repeated it to me later on) I had every test possible, from blood tests to MRI and CAT scans. EVERYTHING came back normal. I know you dont believe this is you, but please believe me that it is mostly your anxiety thats doing this to you. Another of my favourites was to look every symptom up on the internet. If this is you, please stop. It is no good at all. It drove me mad. I do hope you start to relax soon, its an awful thing, but you will learn to switch off. Look at the posative things you are acheiving, like going for a walk in the snow. When I am ill. I cant even walk to the front door. You will be OK, I promise.

Hi
    I am confident that you havent had a mini stroke - I work on a stroke ward and know the symptoms well! Sounds like a panic attack to me, bloody things are a nuisance.

Deb

hi everyone and thanks for your information regarding strokes and so on..I really appreciate it and although i feel fairly confident that things arent what they appear to be i do worry..I just realized today that although we are in a peaceful place we have been going through a lot of adjustments and stress..The changes in the weather.the changes in the enviroment and then being inside way to much.Its sad to be so wrapped up that your body reacts doing strange things to you .We are in a place that we can't come to terms with but have put to much into it that we can't just up and move..I think the place would be ok if we would just decide this is home and things would relax but lately it seems to be getting worse instead of better...I don't know what will happen but thank you all for your support through each one of my neurosis and it helps me a lot ..Just pray for us that we can get a grip on this place and accept it as home.. and find peace..It should be peaceful its just that our minds arent at peace.. thank you all

Thread Information