Thread: gavicon causing "panic attack"

gavicon causing "panic attack"

I do not know if gavicon(liquid) could cause panic attacks or if this panic attack was independent.

I took Gavicon about 6pm, after eating. I had felt full and somewhat bloated.

I had somewhat of a snack at 10pm at my college's foodcourt. I felt somewhat having trouble swallowing somewhat, added dizzy and elevated palpitation and feeling increased blood flow or pressure sensation.

Did Gavicon cause the panic attack or did it happen by it self or combo of the 2

Re: gavicon causing "panic attack"

No, not with Gaviscon. I used to take it when I was really bad and worried it could do, but it never did - it was always me or the food I had eaten.

If similiar physical sensations to panic or anxiety were experienced, it could have triggered you e.g. from the food. Or maybe it was the food court as you were working out drinking in public was more about being there than the alcohol so perhaps it was a similiar issue?

Re: gavicon causing "panic attack"

Nothing in gaviscon can cause side effects, even if you drank the whole bottle you would only find you needed to sit on the loo rather alot

I would imagine it was the place causing the panic not the gaviscon.

Thread Information