Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: cant believe my bad luck..sad news for me

Re: cant believe my bad luck..sad news for me

As far as the jobcentre are concerned, you are employed and tough on those contracts. Then you get those companies that intend to take people on and sack them after a few weeks too and like you say, it's a mess as the benefits take a while to kick back in. No wonder people are in debt. One of the guys who I knew at the charity walk-in groups was trying to find work and the stupid jobcentre were trying to get him to apply over 40+ miles away so he would have ended up far worse off and thats in a city! He found work in Saudi in the end. One of the other blokes had similiar issue and whilst it was more 10 miles, it wasn't a straight bus route and his car needed repairing (catch 22 on that with no money) so he ended up getting a bike instead. It did him good in the end as he lost a couple of stone and was much fitter but it was hard at first going all that way and then working in a warehouse.

My last company would have have made me redundant if I had stayed as they shipped off to the "developing world" and sacked nearly a thousand people in several regions. They kept other offices open in the UK though.

Well thats one of the other isues terry for me...where i live im not on a straght forward bus route..unless i find a job in the town center which is highly unlikley..so i would have to get the only bus from where i live that only goes into town then another bus,dont get me wrong i dont have a problem getting two busses but its the cost at the end of the month.it all adds up..the bike idea isnt a prob only that in the crap weather its not fun and you turn up with your clothes soked and shoes and thats not noce when you are starting your day..you were luckey to get out of your job when you did mate,sounds like a good move for you.iv had a few jobs over the years and just think if i build up a few months in the charity shop it will help in my quest for when i do apply for a paid job if i can find one..will look good on my cv

I'm the same. When I was thinking about your 15 miles to see your daughter, I thought about 2 towns near me that are about that distance. I have to go about 5 miles into the city centre to then come back at a similiar angle. It's just a long time as it can take an hour to get to the city centre in traffic at rush hour. I used to work further down the Midlands so used the trains and would be on the platform at 6am and back again at 8pm and then I had to bus it home so I'm used to the long days but it made me think of that with your situation.

One of the guys told me that the jobcentre tend not to care so they were worried about if it would affect their benefits but it worked out in the end for them, they just had to make them see sense on the distance issue and keep looking.

When I left one job I just signed up for basic office work to keep the cash coming in and it was at one of these towns but the agency had just placed another guy there and he was driving so they arranged a lift for me. It felt a bit weird but he was a great laugh and we had some right laughs on those journeys!

Go to social work and explain. They will do all they can to help you out. If u can get the bus then its a bus fare there and a taxi back so it wont cost u as much. Some companies will do a reduced fair if its a regular contract to. Dont give up :/ if it has to be a contact centre then so be it ... can i not speak to ur ex about why she wont do the pick up and drop offs ? She might do one way if u do the other ( the courts would agree to this because they have with me ) keep fighting x

I will be doing everythung poss to get the access back with my daughter.i will be getting a solicitor soon to help me with all this.

I'm sure that things are a lot more complex than what you are able to tell us on here..It's a good idea to get a solicitor on board if things are complicated.

Thanks pulsa.well thats what i am going to do hopefully with the right suport ill get things sorted once and for all

Probably a good idea to have a formal agreement in place that everyone sticks to. It's nice that exs can set them up informally but at times the person the child stays with mostly can use them as a weapon and doing this with solicitors involved can backfire on them.

Well after this next meeting i will be trying to get that in place terry.if the meeting dsnt go my way i will get a solicitor to guide me through the process and get things sorted for me and my girl

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread Information