Thread: pain for a week and its getting worse

pain for a week and its getting worse

Heya everyone I wondered if someone can relate to this and offer some comfort I know no one can diagnose but I would love to know im not alone. For the last week I hav had chest pain that has gotten a lot worse. It started when I stretched up to lift something off a high shelf, burning aching pain centre of chest then in shoulder blade and left arm. Lasted 5 mins but had residual paun in shoulder and left arm ever since. Now it hurts when I cough I have a burning in the bacj of my throat, ache throughout chest and shooting pains going down my arms and leg today the chest pain has become intermittent sort of sharp and burns but I have jaw pain, headache and flu like symptoms im miserable and convinced its my heart. Everything I read says arm pain,jaw oain,headache chest pain tightening cramping is heart attack. I know Im still here but im scared im on borrowed time. I have had two echos with droppler test countless ecgs but psin never been as intense when they are done, I hav chest xray, blood tests and was monitored overnight in hospital last October but tge pain is persistant gnawing ache ans it scares me. Could these tests have picked up all heart disease, if I had a heart attack etc. Im so scared its hard to believe there is nothing wrong especially when its happening. Sorry about long garbled post just needed to chat. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it

Re: pain for a week and its getting worse

It sounds to me as if you pulled a muscle when you did the lifting and then got scared of the symptoms and started on the anxiety cycle x

---------- Post added at 18:40 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

It sounds to me as if you pulled a muscle or pinched a nerve to start off with but then got anxious from there...because sime symptoms do seem to relate to when you stretched but others like flu-like symptoms sound more anxiety based x

Re: pain for a week and its getting worse

Thankyou for replying it means a lot that you would take the time xx its hard to see the wood for the trees at the mo and last night my chest and arm pain got so severe I was in tge verge if going to a and e it drives me nuts the what ifs etc. My throat burns today so I kinda guess it may have been acid reflux but the jaw pain etc just started in Ernest today. Trying to convince myself its just me grinding teeth ir tense but I always come back to heart disease and attacks xxxx anxiety sucks xx thanks again for your reply
    Last edited by panicstricken; 12-09-15 at 20:21.

Thread Information