Thread: IBS or not? Worried something sinister.

IBS or not? Worried something sinister.

Good afternoon all,

I'm writing because I am anxious as hell I have something like pancreatic cancer or bowel cancer.

I have had these symptoms before - ache/pulling right side beneath my ribs, constipation, back ache (again nothing painful, which doesn't last for long at all) and general ache feeling on the right side. None of this is painful. It comes and goes and I get nothing at night. I've had no blood, no sickness or jaundice. Alcohol really doesn't help it.

I've had bouts of this in the past, as far back as 2007, when I was referred for a liver, pancreas scan etc and everything came back normal. The doctor at the time indicated it was likely to be IBS but frankly I have done nothing about it.

The episodes come and go but this one has lasted a fair while now. It does get better - the pulling sensation subsides - but I'm worried it is something sinister.

The more I have these symptoms the more anxious I get. We've had a rubbish couple of months that included my wife having a miscarriage and I do tend to get anxious around health.

Any thoughts? Sounds familiar to anyone?

Re: IBS or not? Worried something sinister.

The fact it's been happening for so long suggests IBS, I think anything more sinister would not have rumbled on like this for so long without getting significantly worse. Probably worth going back to the doctor though, they can confirm and maybe suggest diet/lifestyle strategies etc.

Re: IBS or not? Worried something sinister.

Thanks - the abdominal ache has large gone now to be replaced by upper back ache. Wondering whether it's gallblader related?

Thread Information