Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of us actually work full time?

How many of us actually work full time?

and what do you do ?

how someone can cope with a full time job and anxiety is beyond me

Hi Frankie

I work 18 hours a week in administration, its tough sometimes when the symptoms flare up but somehow it gives me the determination not to give in[^]

Luv Pinky

Yesterdays history, Tommorows a mystery, today is a gift, thats why its called the present.

I work 24 to 30 hours a week for my mate who has a succesful decoarting firm, I would love to run my own business but with illness I think its an impossibility

Perhaps not now Frankie......... but never say never

Luv Pinky

Yesterdays history, Tommorows a mystery, today is a gift, thats why its called the present.

I work full time, and survive on only a few hours sleep too, personally if i didnt work, Im not sure i would ever leave the house, and id probably end up moping around all day. (Just speaking about me here)Keeping busy is my answer, and it does help because i love my job.

Alexis
    xx

Hi Frankie, I work 40 hours per week. Before I start work I have 3 kids to cope with, get them off to school (and the eldest one works - just got her first job). Then when I come home, I have to make the tea, do homework, washing up, washing, ironing, anything else that crops up inbetween, then bath time and bed time, and then my time (I usually sit down about 9.30pm/10.00pm (I'm up at 6am!) and chill for half an hour before I go to bed exhausted!!

I agree with Alexis, keeping busy takes my mind off my monsters. As long as I can keep the panic attacks under control, I can cope quite well with the other aches, pains and tingles which are part and parcel of anxiety.

Les, xx

Ugh, this is a sore subject for me. No, I don't work, haven't worked for some time. I tried working as a telemarketer once, which didn't last long, probably because of my social anxiety... I washed dishes for two different restaraunts for a few weeks, but in both places I got paid dirt wages and treated like absolute trash, which just made me feel worse. I've struggled with depression and anxiety since I was very young. I didn't really understand it very well until recently though.

Now I live in a very isolated area with my parents and my sister (and it seems her boyfriend lives here now too). It's a place in Northern Maine called Madawaska lake. Lovely scenery, but very few people aside from old retired folks who more or less come up here to enjoy their twilight years. I'm surrounded by pine trees and the beauty of nature, even in the winter. In the summer there's the lake of course and many more people who come up during the season.

However, there are only two small towns near by and both offer little or nothing when it comes to jobs. I've applied for work as a waiter at a local restaraunt, was interviewed, told I was hired but never got called to go in. This may be paranoia, but I think it's because people up here gossip like mad because there's little else to do, maybe the boss heard about my weirdness.

Caribou is 25 miles away (something like that) but I could probably find a job there. As for whether or not I could make myself drive that far every day, back and forth and manage to work through my anxiety... I don't know. I've applied for numerous jobs but never get the call back and haven't had an interview for over a year.

I used to do odd jobs and manual labor, carpenter's gofer ("Fetch me that hammer boy! How'd you manage to drop it on your foot? Climb up the ladder and put this hurricane protector on! No, not that way!" *thud* What? You want to try making a flute? Ok, well here's a good stick, go use the skill-saw and make a stopper... ZZZZ hey, what happened to your thumb?" Feel free to laugh, I do, it helps keep me sane)) but due to an unfortunate accident in which I sawwed my thumb pretty much in half I gave up on that stuff.

So I don't have my own car or health insurance or a job. I depend pretty much completely on my parents and at 22 years old... that's rough for one's self esteem. I had decided to go to school in January, for psychology, mostly so I could start making progress towards a career and getting out on my own. Just before I was to start though, in late December, I started having massive and numerous panic attacks and couldn't do it.

So, I generally spend my time at home, don't really any close friends and depend on my family and the net for most of my socialization. Gosh, I feel kind of depressed just talking about it. Sorry for feeling kind of woe is me folks, I know we've all got troubles.

I wish there were more people around, or that I had more friends or could find some. I wish I had a girlfriend. Aw shucks, I wish for millions of things.

Ok, turning rambling off now.

Dave

Yes, I work full-time, although there have been days when when my anxiety just makes me want to walk out. But instead I go into the toilets and hide for ten minutes!

Some days are better than others so it doesn't stop me from working for the most part.

I work for the NSPCC dealing with mailing out to donors. I love it, such a rewarding place to work but I'll be relocating up North soon so hoping to find a job within another charity!

Jo

I work full time and its my lifeline. When im at home and not busy my anxiety kicks in!!!!

Hi, I work 33.5 hours and I think if I didnt work I'd become gradually more and more isolated. But I do struggle sometimes (actually lots of times).

Coni X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information