Thread: discomfort when eating !!!

discomfort when eating !!!

Hi all,
    Posted a while back about mild discomfort felt between shoulders
    when swallowing food.Convinced myself I have cancer of the esophagus.
    Went back to docs, he said considering my age (37) and no weight loss,
    discomfort probably caused by reflux.
    I'm now on two months of reflux suppressors, and gaviscon.Problem is,
    after docs visit I feel very posotive then a couple of weeks pass and I start to worry again and focus too much on my symptoms which leads me too wanting to visit docs again.
    Deep down I know I'm too young for esophagus cancer so why do I keep on worrying !!!! Googled lung cancer (sorry) and strangely enough
    I'm really conscious of my breathing.Keep feeling like i need to breath in
    more than I do naturaly.Does any body else do this?feels like my chest is tight also, so strting to focus on that.This despite going for a 30 minute run yesterday with no problems-some lung cancer victim eh !!!!
    Sorry for the rant

hello,

i've had eaxctly what you are explaining:

my dad had espoghagal cancer which went secondary to his liver, he had no early symptoms only difficulty swallowing just before he was diagnosed. No Pain.

I have since suffered anxierty and panic. Especially focusing on the esphogus, lungs, thyoid, lymph nodes.

I had, tickling behind breast bone, lke fluttering, a fake sort of cough, where there is nothing to cough but something tickles (i called it the fake cough), i had ache/pain up my side and behind my right shoulder blade, which sometimes tingled like a crawling feeling, always had tight wheezy chest, palpitations, fast heart, looking at the internet doesnt help.

I have recently had CBT it really worked for me. Belive me its all in the mind, since the therapy all my symptoms have gone.

my advice STOP googling as symptoms arent accurate, the more symptoms you pick up on the more you'll get.

I'm in a documentary on channel 4 on monday 19th 9pm called hypochondriacs: i told you i was ill - it may help in seeing others explaining similar symptoms.

The mind is a very very powerful thing, but with help your symptoms will go eventually, try and keep your mind busy, my therapist suggests taking up a form of exercise

regards
    laura

Hi..
    I think i have this cancer too!!!
    My friends mother died of it within 8 weeks of being diagnosed (although she'd been having symptoms for a couple of years).

I get a lot of between shoulder pain, esp. when eating. When i drink it feels like the fluid isn't going down very well and like i could easily bring it back up. I have pain in between my breastbone for no reason, all i can describe it as is like a chinese burn on my insides. Its comes even if i haven't eaten, its scary.

Hmm...

Sarah

just to add what the others have said - I also have this.

I take rantidine and live on gaviscon too.

sometimes i feel like i cant get a breath and like my throat down to the top of ribs is closing in - had tests done and all clear.

meant to be going for a endoscopy - but gp waiting to see if it gets better first. Just been for another chest x-ray last week also.

Can i say - well done for the 30 min run - I cant even walk up the stairs without getting out of breath!

Take care

darkangel x

........life is for living not just for surviving

hi,
    i started suffering with acid reflux just over a year ago. i too was convinced i had cancer. first i thought it was cancer of the throat and then i was convinced it was breast and/or lung cancer. this is because of all the pain and discomfort i had in my chest/rib/shoulder area's.
    i am currently on omeprozole and gaviscon and i have found it has helped me a lot. i still get bad days when i ache a lot but i try not to dwell on it as much as i used too.

all the best
    penny

i always fell really uncomfortable after eating, which is a shame as i love cooking and food!

''my life is full of catastrophies, most of which never happened''

Thread Information