Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Starting at very reduced dose

Re: Starting at very reduced dose

Yay! So glad to hear you're doing okay, Genoire! Yes, it is brutal here for daylight so far up North, especially right now. And too cold to get outside much. A double whammy. Thank you for the heads-up about the solstice! Slowly but surely the dark will retreat...

DO get out in the fresh air when possible, it does help against depression. I hope the Prozac helps too, like the Buspar has with the anxiety. I am excited to try it. And the lamp!

I think you raise a good point, we do need to try to meet these meds half-way, by at least trying to distract ourselves and to keep busy. Eat healthy, get plenty of rest. Just a bit of gift card shopping to do today, then the post office and groceries, then my time is my own for the rest of the holidays!

All the best to you and to everyone as we keep on keeping on!
    Marie

Hi SADnomore and everyone,

I had a pretty good day yesterday morning/afternoon, but a bit of an anxiety blip in the evening. Today I feel so-so, but going to try and get some stuff done.

Luckily my family is keeping Christmas simple this year. We're just getting each other small, inexpensive gifts for our stockings. That plan has definitely relieved a lot of stress about the shopping and the money, which is very nice. All my shopping is done, so now I can just take it easy.

Tomorrow is the solstice! I'm really excited, actually.

I hope everyone continues to do well!

Hi all!

I had a little anxiety/panic blip on XMas day, but it was not terrible. Today I managed to jog outside, as it was the first sunny day we've had in a long while!

I have an appointment to check in with my Dr. on Monday.

I hope everyone is doing well!

That sounds positive Genoire .

Christmas would test anyone with anxiety, so I think it was just a blip like you say. You have the motivation to go for a jog which is another good sign.

Hope the Dr appointment goes well .

Thanks Carolin!

I hate blips.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Glad to hear you did well on Christmas Day Genoire! Big congrats on the jog, especially! ... I struggled with depression Christmas Eve, but the next day I had to help out in the kitchen, and after deliberately putting on a happy face, I immersed myself in it. That, and the plethora of good shows on TV because of the big audiences, had me quite distracted. In a good way! ... This distraction stuff works for depression as well, it really does! I may have to really work hard to get into it, but once I do, it is amazing!

Looking forward to New Year's and another nice day at home with lots to do! Hope everyone is planning a little something, even if it's only popcorn after a regular dinner and a tv movie. Or, a nice cuppa with a book - Oh, and I am going to see tomorrow as the start of spring, what with the increased daylight for solstice, lol! Cheers everyone!

Hi SADnomore! I'm so glad you had a good Christmas! Yes distraction is wonderful and really, really helps! I hope your New Years is fun! I usually watch the ball drop on TV and bang pots and pans, lol (family tradition).

I have a Dr. appointment today to check in with all my meds and get my prescriptions refilled. I'm a bit nervous...I hate Dr. appointments. Oh well.

How did you make out Genoire? Hope all is well there so you can relax and make some New Year's plans! How about everyone else? Will it be eggnog or hot chocolate?!

Hi SADnomore and all! My appointment went well. I was nervous, but I handled it just fine in the end. She gave me the option of going up on either Prozac or Buspar. She gave me some dose limits, but said I could experiment a bit within that range. I think I'll keep everything the same until I hit my 6 week mark on Prozac, then see how I feel and adjust if necessary.

Sounds sensible! If you decide to raise the Buspar, I would love to hear how it goes for you. Whether it is as straightforward as it sounds. (Personally, with most drugs I do go through several start up side effects. Main thing for me to remember is that they will pass in time.) I would like to think that Buspar is different. With Trazodone I just had some dizziness, like the positional kind, that was it, and it has passed now. I'm going to see the doctor asap for buspirone too.

Keep posting!
    Marie xx

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information