Thread: Gerd question

Gerd question

I started to suffered from Panic Attacks and Anxiety (health) back in April, my stomach had been out whack to the point that I just got diagnosed with Acid Reflux by the Ear, Nose Throat Dr but he referred me to a Gastro Dr to do further Testing and also Im taking Protonix for 10 days but seem that is not working, also I'm in a pretty much bold diet, my worry is that its seem that my acid reflux never goes away no matter what I do, My anxiety is thru the roof right now thinking it my something very bad😔, Does anybody had gone thru this?
    Thanks

Also im taking;
    50 mg Zoloft; working so far
    ativan weaning off right now, yes down to . 25 morning and afternoo

Re: Gerd question

Yup, same here. The GERD sucks. It seems to be linked with my anxiety...when I'm not anxious, it tends to disappear.

Urassania; thanks for the support, by any chance, you had an endoscopy done?

yes i am too going through this in fact, gerd caused my eating disorder and made my anxiety much worse, i went up to the doctors and got omeprazole which is kinda funny because i can't swallow tablets due to my fear of choking, i took my first dose today and even though i emptied the contents into water it still didn't help because i had to swallow the pellets and i still felt like they was stuck in there, what a nightmare, but on the brightside i should be better in time for christmas and i'm sure i'll work out the best way to take them within time, but indeed it isn't fun and i would,nt wish it on anyone

Got close to having an endoscopy done but things got better...for a period...

I hear a lot of folks who get them done end up with an 'inconclusive' result.

Uri; I'm glad that you are feeling better, so far I have my good day and not so good day, the good thing with the Christmas season I'm kind busy and that keep my mind occupied and don't thing about the endo that much.

Sam Winter thank you for your support, I hope you feel better for Christmas, and yes I don't wish this condition to anyone.

Weird thing here...I've had bad GERD all year. Wake up in the middle of the night with a sore throat/hoarse voice etc etc.

The last couple of weeks I had very bad anxiety and depression. Interestingly, over these two weeks my GERD vanished almost entirely. I started to feel better yesterday. And last night my GE ar vanished almost entirely. I started to feel a bit better yesterday. And last night my GERD came back!

It's almost like my body is producing things for me to worry about.

thanks I wish you the best for Christmas and that everything calms down xx

Urussaina: I hear you I had the same feeling like my body too wants me to worry all the time :( In a week I'm having an Endoscopy and hopefully I can go from there to see what is causing this terrible acid Reflux

Sam Winter; Thank you for the good wishes, a had a good Christmas season, I little bit nostalgic because my family leaves far away and this year I couldn't travel for the holidays but I couldn't complain because so far my anxiety is getting better and looking forward to become less of a worrier

Thread Information