Thread: Really concerned

Really concerned

Still have worries about muscle twitching and "atrophy" in legs.
    But now have a few other worrying symptoms. My breathing feels weird with a bit of pain and discomfort in my back mainly in the lower. From time to time it feels like there is a warm not burning feeling in my throat and chest and also every so often i will find it more difficult to breathe. I am really concerned about this. I also have twitches in my back and chest and feel like there may be a twitching feeling above my stomach but this feels more like a discomfort than a twich as it feels different from other twitches. Any help and reassurance is appreciated

Re: Really concerned

I started twitching over 10 yrs ago. At first I was worried, then I learned about benign facilitation syndrome.

Basically it causes twitches all over - but no worries as it is completely benign.

Even now, my calfs and feet always twitch. I am used to them, so don't notice them unless I focus on it. But if I watch, there is a twitch every 20 seconds or so, sometimes even more.

I have also gotten it in my fingers, bum (weird I know), eyes (of course), tongue, back, etc...

I think your anxiety may be causing reflux, which is what your other feelings are.

Thanks for the reply. I am not so much worried about the twitching not but the chest and back symptoms which scare me as my breathing feels labored which it says is a symptom of als. However about a month ago i did a oxygen blood test with a scanner on my galaxy note 4 and it said 97% is that a good sign? However this was before i had these symptoms and also i know it could be inaccurate. Someone please help

Labored breathing would be one of the last symptoms of ALS, as in you would definitely know you had it by the time you had breathing trouble.

Concentrating on an automatic process such as breathing can easily make you feel like you are struggling to breathe. Pains can come from any number or issues, do you sit at a computer a lot? Do you slouch? Are you overweight?

So so many explanations before you should even start to consider something serious.

I'm sorry to see you're still struggling. Have you looked into or gotten on a list for therapy yet?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information