Thread: get me home

Arrow get me home

hi everybody,
    ive been having terrible panic attacks whilst out walking,i make myself go out so my one year old gets fresh air but its a nightmare for me,a huge and exhausting ordeal,today whilst out walking i had a terrible panic attack,id got half way to the shops and wanted to be home,i went faint and my legs felt like they were going from under me,i wanted to shout for help,please take me home,i was afraid everytime somebody walked towards me. on the way home i thought to myself,im 34 now,ive been having these attacks as long as i remember,is this the rest of my life,i felt like crying,they are wrecking my quality of life and make my desicions for me,they leave me feeling ashamed,guilty and a failure,but they wont stop my little boy having his fresh air,
    charlotte 07

Re: get me home

Charlotte..
    Please don't feel guilty. I was completely housebound for 2 years, but i've been ill for 8 years (my sons entire life!). There were so many things that i was/am desperate to do with my son but the illness stopped/stops me.

YOU ARE TRYING. You take little boy out despite feeling terrible. That is worth so much!

Sarah x

Thumbs up Re: get me home

Dear Charlotte,it is a swine ,this damn illness,and you described it to a T!!The need to just be home,oh girl do i feeel for you[and every one on here!!]You are doing such a good job tho hun,taking your little boy out despite your panic,well done you Honestly,by doing this and accepting your xnxiety you are half way to normality!Yeh ,today you are very angry with your condition,i get the same feeling as tho my whole life is dictated by my fear..BUT.....since joining this forum,i do go out,sometimes it's like you today ,full of fear and panic,but other times it is not.we can go out fear free and this is what you must try to remember[difficult when you think you're dyin,i know ]Huge respect toyou for going out Charlotte,here any time you fancy a chat.love Mary Rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: get me home

Charlotte without doubt we are brave people to be tackling our fears on a daily basis like this and I think it's smashing that you want to get out to give your little boy some fresh air.

A little like I said to Lisa P earlier perhaps you could view your endeavours as practice sessions - this might take some of the tension out for you. Afterall we can practice as much and as little as we feel able at the time.

If it's at all poss do you manage to stay out until the panic has subsided to a more reasonable level - cos sometimes when we come home feeling as panicked as we did at the beginning it can leave a not too good a memory and then we don't feel like trying it again.

Also have you had a read of our agoraphobia page too?

Piglet

Thread Information