So I will try to make this quick. for the past 1.5 weeks I have been battling frequent urination on and off. When my anxiety gets high I can go multiple times per hour. Then on calmer days it is more like 4-7 times per day.

I have begun to panic about diabetes. I had a urnalysis and it came back negative for protien, negative for sugar, and negative for infection. I have been testing my blood sugar on my own, and here is what I have found. My fasting blood sugar tends to run slightly high (anywhere from 95-109), but my post meal blood sugar is always fantastic (usually close to 100 or lower within 2 hours).

I bought the a1c test and it showed my a1c was 5.6 (range for normal is 4-5.6, pre-diabetic is 5.7-6.5). Anything higher and you are diabetic. So with self testing I have found this Fasting blood sugar: sometimes prediabetic, sometimes high normal. Post meal blood sugar: normal. a1C (avergae of last 3 months): high normal.

Does this have me at the doorstep of being diabetic? The sad part is in the last year I have really improved my diet. Cutting down on bread, soda, and saturated fats. I lost nearly 30lbs. I am 5'11" and weigh 190lbs currently. I didn't have any of this stuff prior to losing weight. Whic is really annoying. I felt better when I was fat.

So is this a real or percieved concern?