Thread: My Rode To Recovery part 5

My Rode To Recovery part 5

Week 8 for me off work now and still looking for the big breakthrough in anxiety recovery. I have managed with the help of 40mg Citalopram to virtually wipe out my depression symptoms which is good news, but anxiety is still a problem. I am continuing to go out to shops, sporting events etc, but can't seem to get to a point where there is a reduction in symptoms that would i'm sure give me the confidence I need to recover. Have been reading Clare Weeks books and the Paul David book and am trying to embrace acceptance and floating through difficult situations, but it's not easy. I,ve had a couple of quiet days at home and my symptoms are reduced, of course they are because L,m not going anywhere which brings them on. I know staying at home is not the answer and will continue to go where the symptoms happen and try to accept and float through. Anyone got any different ideas for strategies I can try?

Re: My Rode To Recovery part 5

hey there mate, its fantastic that you are keeping busy / going out and about. From just reading about the way you're talking about it, you haven't accepted it. I hope I don't sound too judgemental, trust me, I haven't accepted my symptoms at all either.

You are saying "waiting for the breakthrough" and "quiet days at home symptoms are reduced". Its this waiting and watching of your symptoms that is helping to maintain them. You have to stop waiting for a breakthrough. You basically have to pay the symptoms no mind until they no longer are a big deal. If the symptoms are there you can say something like "hey there symptoms, I see you, but i'm getting on with my day anyway. I'll let it all happen". Eventually you will break the habit of constantly wondering why / wishing you were ok and will find you actually are ok.

Thread Information