Thread: Any1 have any ideas

Any1 have any ideas

This is a bit hard to explain
    I sometimes get a sort of electrical storm in my brain,on average about once every 5 weeks or so.
    It happens when i'm nearly asleep or just got to sleep,not sure how long it lasts but it's like a sort of whooshing,i can sort of hear it as well as feeling it.Maybe a conflict in neurotransmitters?? just a guess have no real idea.
    doesn't scare me I just ignore it and think nothing more but i'm getting curious,I do have social anx and like irrational fears but thats getting treated and is under control abit,not to bad
    I'm thinking there is a link somehow,
    I also have alot of weird dreams I know are related,like nightmares but with no danger,in safe places parks, airports normal places but ther is always alot of sinisism and always dark images,in these dreams I used to sort of fall over and not be able to move,then in bed I think I would have a fit or shake like mad but I dunno if I actually did or think I did,used to feel like it though physically,never had a fit in my life consciously anyway.
    these started to turn into being able to wake up in my sleep and know exactly what was going on and try hard to wake myself up but couldn't cause I was paralized.This was rare aswell and also never took alot of notice.
    yeah maybe worth seeing some1 but 4now I would really appreciate any knowledge scientifically or just from experance,thanx

oh also less important waking up in the mornings,if I sleep for to long it feels like my brain has swollen(best description I have) makes me tired and moody and rough all day,dealing with situations when i'm like this can be very hard
    thanx again

Re: Any1 have any ideas

Hi Miter,
    i also occasionally get that feeling too. It's when i'm about to fall asleep and it feels like a rush. i get loads of neck tension and read that it is your muscles relaxing and allowing the blood to flow freely again. Head symptoms like this always sound and feel worse because they are close to our ears.
    As for the swollen brain feeling... i sometimes get this if i have slept really well, strange i know!! have no idea what it means but you're not alone with it.
    Do you get tense neck and shoulders too? I wonder if its related to that?
    Most of the time i feel like my brain is wrapped in cotton wool, Claire Weekes refers to this as brain fag ( I think!)
    I think the feeling that you can't move when you're asleep is called sleep paralysis, quite common i believe. i may be wrong... someone else with a bit more knowledge than me may answer this better, but for now i hope i have helped a little bit!!

take care Miter,
    hugs, kt x

I don't seem to get tension anywere,it happens in pulses,another type of this is thousands of minute electric shocks.
    when I do get that brain swelling thing it just feels like the top of my brain is pushing agaist the top of my skull causing pressure and mild persistent head aches,dunno
    thanx kt

Hi Miter,

I had these. I called them "brain zaps". For me they occurred when I fist took Venlafaxine (Effexor) and each time I increase the dose. Over time I have gone up and down on dose but each time I go back up, I just expect the zaps. Like you, I didn't feel they were serious so I just put up with them. If you find out why it happens do another post and let us all know?

Antipodes

Thread Information