Thread: Antibiotics and alcohol.

Antibiotics and alcohol.

I have been on 500mg of amoxicilin since saturday,I have just taken my last one. The thing is I have an ann summers party tonight, its been planned for ages now, had to cancel because of the snow 2 weeks ago, its just typical I had to get an infection, lol!

I was on 500mg amoxilcilin last summer and I took my 3 doses that day, went out with my friend that night for a couple of glasses of wine, I was so sick all night long, violently sick I don't know how many times, I also had a temp of 38 ish from what I can remember. I rung the nurse a couple of days later and she said I might of been allergic or it was a bug but to stop the anti bs anyway. Its now made me very paranoid about drinking anything tonight.

Is it highly unlikely that anti bs made me that sick? I only had a few glasses of white wine. Surely it wouldn't of made me have a temperature unless it was a bug or something, although noone else was ill in our house.

Arghhhhh I just want to have a few glasses of wine tonight with my friends but I am scared of throwing up again, lol!

Re: Antibiotics and alcohol.

hi ya i think you wil be fine but, i am not a doctor, why dont you ring nhs dircit 08001690169 or go and and talk to your pharmcist

amanda xx

Some antibiotics are really bad when mixed with alcohol and one lot I took I had to have no alcohol 3 days either side of taking them to make sure a) the alcohol was out of my body and b) the antibotics were then out of my body.

They were not the ones you are on but just thought I would comment.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

The leaflet doesn't say not to drink, aparently only 2 sorts you cannot drink on.

Let me look them up in a book I have here of medications.......

No known issues with alcohol - there you go then - sorted!

Enjoy the evening

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Oh fab thanks Nicola:-)

Just so paranoid because I was very sick last year when I was on the 500 amoxicillin. I did have a temp that night so it was probably a bug.

I'd go easy on the wine tonight anyway, or you might end up buying loads of strange items that you don't really want...!

haha thanks.

Well I would join you in a glass but I wouldn't stop at one glass.....ha ha. Enjoy yourself and have a good time

Zena

I wouldn't either;-) its the only ME time ive had away from the kids in about 3months so im going to bloody enjoy it.

Thread Information