Thread: I cannot cope with this any more :'(

I cannot cope with this any more :'(

I feel so frightened and so alone.
    All of this health anxiety is terrifying me! I have paid for a private dermatologist to check my moles, which is normal. Now I am getting dull ache in my L breast and back pain! I've had it a week and I am constantly examining my breasts. I am squeezing them to try and find a lump and prodding my armpit and lymph nodes but I cannot find any, and now they hurt even more - I am putting it down with me being too aggressive with them! I paid privately for blood tests FBC and cancer check which apparently are all 100% normal! Why is cancer still on the brain?! I am pacing up and down the house, shaking, sweating... I am now paying just under 1k to get a mammogram done. I feel embarrassed to go to the doctors :'( they are useless anyway!

Re: I cannot cope with this any more :'(

Are you having counselling?

Perhaps the poking and prodding is causing the pain you feel? Eventually, where health anxiety is concerned, we manage to actually produce the very symptoms we don't want. You are not imaging the pain, perhaps just not conscious that the cause is you .. This is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by luxxinterior View Post
    Perhaps the poking and prodding is causing the pain you feel? Eventually, where health anxiety is concerned, we manage to actually produce the very symptoms we don't want. You are not imaging the pain, perhaps just not conscious that the cause is you .. This is good news.
    Thank you so much for replying. It could be that! I do hope so. Anything other than the dreaded C word :( thank you again.

---------- Post added at 01:39 ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Urusainaa View Post
    Are you having counselling?
    Unfortunately not. I was referred but since NHS cuts, it just isn't happening.

That money may be better spent on treating your anxiety. It costs a lot to chase a diagnosis.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by luxxinterior View Post
    I agree with this as I do it to myself all the time with health worries. I hope you get some relief from your anxiety soon.

Hi anxietysufferer92.. How u feeling today?

Thread Information