Thread: what is a safe combination? ?

what is a safe combination? ?

Hi I'm 49 & I 'apparently' suffer from bad anxiety that is causing very high blood pressure & heart rate. I think it was caused by quetiapine 150mg that I was prescribed along with naproxen 250mg, zapain 30/500mg & zopiclone 7.5mg. My heart races really bad, my legs, arms & jaw tingle & go numb. It feels like I have a weight on my chest, not pain but I can't get air in, its all being pushed out. I've had various tests & my heart is fine (so they say). Im certain it wad the quetiapine so stopped taking it...my symptoms initially got better but then got worse so was given diazepam to get me through coming off. My symptoms have since improved, where I used to feel really bad 6 nights a wk
    & have to call paramedics out...even being taken in to hosp on occasion because pressure /rate soo high..but now, approx 6wks later I feel poorly once every 1-2 wks & no where near as bad. BUT...its made me very anxious about taking medication now, but obviously I need to on occasion. Is it ok to take ramipril 2.5mg with zopiclone 7.5mg (or phenergan 25mg..but this one makes me nervous because it mentions rapid irregular hard heart beat & I feel soo poorly when I get that I dont want to cause it), occasionally diazepam 5mg...I also take solpadeine max & vitamins (which it says consult gp first if you have epilepsy and/or take medication..whi ch I didn't do). I suppose what I'm asking is do you think its something I'm doing, or my medication that makes me sooo poorly at times. Im worried doctors are just tooo busy to concentrate on what they are prescribing and what reacts badly with what. Also ..it may be a side issue or it might be a symptom but my hair is thinning, breaking off & falling out, my skin is sooo dry & sore, I'm full of aches & pains, & my nails are very brittle. And my legs are soo weak I can't even tap my foot let alone dance, but a few years back I was the member of a dance troupe. Please help because I feel like I'm on a slippery slope to becoming housebound. Sorry this is very long but its my 1st time & I'm not sure what I'm doing. Thank you xxxx

Re: what is a safe combination? ?

Hi there, to me it sounds like symptoms of an anxiety attack and the fact that you have had tests that show your heart is fine would confirm that. That said, I've been through similar heart issues and it took me ages to accept there was nothing wrong and it was caused by anxiety.

Thread Information