Thread: Random Panic Attacks

Random Panic Attacks

I've been having random panic attacks for the last few days, quite scary. I felt like I could not breathe and I could not go into a shop the other day as I was in a panic, seems to be when I go out the breathing starts to go funny...anybody else get this? :( I seem to be getting a few symptoms which seem to keep changing every few days...is this normal?

Re: Random Panic Attacks

Hi Phil

Yes, I know what its like, this seems to be my main problem, Im not actually having PAs now but my breathing is the first thing to go wrong when I'm a bit anxious - for me this is the worst thing a the moment, I think I've overcome full blown PAs cos I'm not frightened of them any more but the feeling of not breathing properly is still fightening.

I keep trying to tell myself that my body will always look after itself and I cannot suffocate myself however unpleasant it seems at the time. There is a seciton on this site about hyperventilating which is helpful - have a look at it if you haven't already. Try to regulate your breathing every day by relaxation so you get used to knowing what normal breathing is again.

Take care for now and remember your body will always do the breathing for you, so don't worry.

Rufus xx

Re: Random Panic Attacks

Hi..
    *Funny* breathing is one of my main symptoms of anxiety. It can lead to a panic attack, but generally not. My PA just happen when i am out of my comfort zone, however, anxiety is frequent!

I would suggest Bachs rescue remedy. A few drops of that when i am not breathing well usually helps.

Sarah x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Thread Information