Thread: Anxiety due to hospital tests

Anxiety due to hospital tests

Hi everyone.
    I was very lucky to give birth to my second gorgeous baby boy on the 1st January (2016). Pregnancy, labour and birth were all perfect. I felt on top of the world! 6 days later I had a big bleed. Got rushed to a&e and put on antibiotics to treat a possible infection. Later that night I experienced mild chest pains. Told to go back to a&e where they did various tests and sent me for a VQ scan to rule out a clot on the lungs. The test came back negative, but since having this test I've been constantly in a&e with similar symptoms (chest pain and breathing issues). I've now had shortness of breath for the past 6 days which I keep getting told is to do with my anxiety. It just doesn't let off and causes numerous panic attacks. I'm refusing to believe it's anxiety and think it's a clot that's come after the test. All doctors are trying to convince me it's all to do with anxiety but I just feel fobbed off and like they're not taking me seriously now I've been diagnosed. Has anyone else felt like this? Have you had a constant feeling you're not breathing fully? This is honestly the worst thing I've ever encountered

Re: Anxiety due to hospital tests

I was taken into hospital a couple of weeks after I had my 3rd baby with chest pains.. Had a blood test the same day and then other tests, one where the injected dye into me. Tests came bk normal. What I didn't understand at the time was the blood test could tell them straight away I didn't have a clot.. I was even given several injections of blood thinning meds. Horrible things. All my symptoms were anxiety. Anxiety causes a lot of problems that mimic real illnesses.. Drs listen to ur symptoms and if they don't hear anything worrying. Its just anxiety. I felt like I was bring fobbed off til I saw a fantastic doc who really did listen.. X

Thanks Shirlp it's good to know I'm not alone. Can I ask why they gave you blood thinners if the tests showed negative? Was it while you waited for your results? I think my initial chest pains were anxiety due to my bleed and after that my breathing is anxiety due to the possibility that I could have had a clot. I fully accept I have anxiety issues and have suffered numerous panic attacks in the past 3 weeks, but I'm still struggling to completely believe the doctors x

Your d dimer blood test would be high if you had a clot

My d dimer test was very high (over 1000) but I had just given birth. That's when they put me on blood thinners for a few days before they could do the VQ scan which came back as negative. Since then I've had 2 d dimers. The 1st the a&e doc told me was positive but my GP said it was negative and my second I was told was negative but not sure of the score. My problem is my symptoms have worsened since then or I've got new symptoms which are probably down to anxiety but I can't help wondering - what if they're not

Yes it was while I was waiting for my results.. But the blood test can tell them nearly straight away which puzzled me.. Hope ur feeling better now xx

Ah that sounds like what happened with me. Had the blood test, then some dye injected.. My ex decided he couldnt look after my at the time 4mth old baby and dumped him at the hospital, I couldnt go near my little un as the dye is radioactive or something.

Thread Information