Thread: Severe Anxiety

Severe Anxiety

Are feelings like your throat is closing and teeth grinding while up throughout the day signs of anxiety? All of a sudden, I've developed these symptoms now. Please help!

Re: Severe Anxiety

Yes they are I am afraid.

Have a read of the Symptoms page on the left

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Sounds like anxiety to me. When you're anxious the muscles round your neck get really tense. You are probable clenching your jaw, and the tension goes right down your neck. In the past, I've the feeling of a lump in my throat which was just muscle tension. Anxiety plays all sorts of tricks.

hiya, yes its def. anxiety, i grind my teeth shocking, then im paranoid that i have done something to them, so take a trip to dentist, which i hate, hence the circle begins! anxiety - grinding teeth - lump in throat - etc - dentist - anxiety!!
    if you find a cure for this let me know !!!!
    take care
    libbie x

Hi Shelly

It does sound like anxiety it happened to me. Try not to worry to much it will get better.

linda xx

I'm a really bad one for teeth grinding. I'm pretty sure I do it constantly, either that or they're clenched. I've tried a mouth guard with some success - i bought one cheap off ebay. Look up TMJ mouth guard if you're interested, it's supposed to help retrain your jaw and stop teeth clenching and grinding. Either way while it is a pain it is nothing to worry about - do you get headaches from it? I sure do!

Hi!

I too grind my teeth - all day long. It drives me mad. I tend to do it only on one side of my mouth, which affects my right jaw. Sometimes I get pain shooting down from my ear into my neck, and it will hurt to turn my neck for a few days. I went to see an ENT a while ago, convinced that I had a tumour in my ear or something, and he said it was perfectly normal (after sticking a camera into my nose and throat, which was very unpleasant) and was being caused by my teeth grinding habit. (I also have problems with my lower teeth which will sometimes cause pain, although I recently saw my Dentist to try and get this sorted out) Sometimes if I catch myself grinding my teeth, I will stop, but anxiety will kick it off again and I don't even realise I'm doing it.

Thread Information