Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many people work?

How many people work?

I'm curious to see how people maintain there daily routines. I'm lucky because despite what I'm going through I've been able to keep up at my job. My office is close to my home which helps, and my job is fairly low stress which also helps.

Also if you are working how much do you share with your co workers if at all.

WB

Re: How many people work?

I'm currently back at work, but had taken several weeks off, not only because of the anxiety....well mainly because of the anxiety, but also some health issues that aren't quite resolved. I can usually work with pain, but because of it and the anxiety I was in a bad way. I am very thankful I was able to go back for a few days a week without constantly panicking. I have a couple of close friends that know a little of what I'm going through, but they don't know the extent of it and I'm sure they really wouldn't understand the full of it anyway, but they have been supportive.

I work full time, I work in a fairly stressful job which is difficult . Only one of my colleagues knows I have anxiety , I am not confident that the others would understand. I would be lying if I said that I don't struggle sometimes.

I work part time but only one person at work knows I have anxiety issues, however I am self employed so it's really not in my interest to let them know about my 'issues'!!
    When I worked for an organisation only my boss and friends knew, not the general office, no-one else's business really!
    Job isn't stressful as I'm mostly in charge of my own workload.

It's good to hear that. I personally need my job for many reasons, but also because I find the routine of going to work is actually good for me. It helps me and although my boss can be a pain at times, I like what I do.

I work and I share the workplace with 50 people. I find that the routine helps to keep the anxiety levels in check

I work about 50 hrs a week. My coworkers do know about my anxiety. They had to take me to the er once. Actually that's the event that triggered my HA to come back...was super dizzy. Felt drunk. ER ran tests and diagnosed me with positional vertigo. Ever since I have had issues reigning back in the panic / anxiety attacks.

I think a lot of my colleagues suspect I have anxiety but I won't actually confide in them. I'm scared of being judged or them thinking I can't do my job. Normally I manage but if I hit a bad week I really find it hard. The routine of going to work is good for me as I need distraction to cope.

I've managed to keep working through a very difficult time. It's been difficult but it also keeps me busy. I'm much better kept busy in the company of my patients and colleagues than at home alone. I've found that a few days work makes me feel progressively better even though the early mornings are hideous, and a weekend with no plan to wake up to sets my mind in a negative spiral.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

I work part time...4 days per week in a routine job that isn't massively stressful. Well it wouldn't be to a non anxiety sufferer but for me its as much as I can manage and at times I find it a struggle to get through the day. My colleagues know about the symptoms I suffer from but not that I have an anxiety disorder because it's a big office and there are some seriously unkind gossipers.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information