Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smear test

Smear test

Hi I haven't posted in a while as even though I'm still taking medication I've been doing ok.
    My worry is still ovarian cancer (read my previous posts) still the same symptoms as before hasn't got better or worse, anyhow I have my routine smear booked for Friday and I'm absolutely terrified that they're going to find something abnormal (with my cervix/ovaries) during the smear and then I've got to wait for the results.
    I've been putting off this smear for 8 months but I know that I do have to go and get it done, but I'm so so scared.
    I've had these pains for about four years and have been checked by 3 different GPs and had the Ca125 blood test all nomal, health anxiety is just making me freak out again :((((((

Re: Smear test

Quote Originally Posted by claire12 View Post
    Hi I haven't posted in a while as even though I'm still taking medication I've been doing ok.
    My worry is still ovarian cancer (read my previous posts) still the same symptoms as before hasn't got better or worse, anyhow I have my routine smear booked for Friday and I'm absolutely terrified that they're going to find something abnormal (with my cervix/ovaries) during the smear and then I've got to wait for the results.
    I've been putting off this smear for 8 months but I know that I do have to go and get it done, but I'm so so scared.
    I've had these pains for about four years and have been checked by 3 different GPs and had the Ca125 blood test all nomal, health anxiety is just making me freak out again :((((((
    hi Claire
    sorry i havent read your other posts , what are your symptoms?
    i was due a smear at xmas and just didnt seem to get round to it but ive got one booked for the 2nd March but also go my name on the cancellation list. i had terrible anxiety before xmas but had been coping ok since but this is making me really anxious and scared.
    xx
    Last edited by kellie39; 17-02-16 at 15:18.

I am on 6 monthly smears and biopsies and have been since I was 21 due to abnormal smears plus HPV virus, they've cauterized my cervix to remove the abnormalities but they came back. They keep a very close eye on me and I used to get mega anxious about it, but now its been 8 years it doesn't really bother me too much now. I get a little worried each time I have my smear, but its worth it to keep things in check If you girls have any questions or wanna chat about this private just PM me xxx

The funny thing is I've had about five smears before and not one has ever been abnormal, just for some reason I'm scared about this one :( I've got no symptoms of cervical cancer, its just that for around 4 years I've had lower right side abdo pain that seems to get worse when I move in certain positions or put my weight on it ( like balancing on one leg) and I became convinced that I had ovarian cancer, I've been examined by four different GPs and had the blood test all ok, docs have put it down to muscular or IBS just think that I'm worrying about my smear and obviously because its my reproductive organs I'm convinced I've got ovarian cancer again ( so in my head I've had undiagnosed ovarian cancer for four years)????? logical part of my brain realises how silly this sounds and I'd most probably be dead by now if that was the case but it don't at the moment stop me from worrying x

Quote Originally Posted by lisaworryier86 View Post
    I think u both shud go I no its scarey but it saves your lives.i always go to mine on the dot if it can save your life why not go.if uve kept up to date with smears itl prob be normal just get the courage and do it x
    hi Lisa
    ive got mine booked and im going to go ive not missed one yet and as im 45 so ive had a few now. ive never had this kind of health anxiety before and its just making me worry and overthink. im hoping the docs get a cancellation so i get fitted in sooner because the worrying is driving me crazy.
    i suppose we are all the same and we all worry dont we
    xx

Yep I worry all the time about anything and everything, hope you get a cancellation soon as the waiting doesn't help, mines on Friday morning be so glad when its over and done with and I get the result letter, I've got the week off work this week and I've spent the majority of it worrying about the smear test. Anxiety I HATE you

Yep I worry all the time about anything and everything, hope you get a cancellation soon as the waiting doesn't help, mines on Friday morning be so glad when its over and done with and I get the result letter, I've got the week off work this week and I've spent the majority of it worrying about the smear test. Anxiety I HATE you
    hope you get your results nice and quick as the waiting is agony isnt it.

apart from the tummy ache do you have any other symptoms? i do wonder if our anxiety brains make us too aware of things are bodies are doing, you know the things we probably wouldnt take any notice of before but now we notice everything and everything feels like a big deal now.

i do wish i had gone and doen this at xmas as soon as i got the letter as my brain was a lot calmer then
    xx

No, no other symptoms x

No, no other symptoms x
    im sure everything will be ok

i just cant think of anything else and scanning my body for symptoms at the min. i also worry if maybe i hadnt noticed symptoms that was there and i didnt take any notice - if that makes sense

god this overactive brain i look at other people and they seem to be able to take these kind of things in their stride and there me completely freaking out and cant think of anything else
    xx

I know how you feel Kellie because I'm exactly the same but I'm worse when I'm off work because theres more time to over think.
    A few years ago I was that bad that I struggled to leave my house thinking I was gonna drop down dead whilst out, it was a nightmare
    How long have you been suffering with this? X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information