Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety bad after assault - Need a chat

Anxiety bad after assault - Need a chat

Hi I am sorry if this a pointless post and maybe in the wrong place, but I was assualted last night and mugged and now i just feel really anxious, my two front teeth have been knocked back slightly and swollen mouth, i am also worried about my teeth but have emergency dentist tomorrow but worried what will happen?

I am just so scared right now about everything and I just cant calm down.

Re: Anxiety bad after assault - Need a chat

That is awful I hope you have people with you. It will take time to recover from this so be kind to yourself. Did you report it to the police, if so see if they can put you in touch with a support group.

What you are feeling is normal, I wish I could say more to help and support you

I'm so sorry to read that you've been assaulted ... Have you been to the emergency department at the hospital? You should get checked out asap and they might have a social worker you can speak with for support. Or speak with the police too. Try not to be alone if you can ... It's normal to feel scared after something like that!

Sorry to hear this happened. There's no doubt your feeling traumatized and anxious. Do you have real life support or someone you can talk?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for the replies all. Yes I have my parents and brothers for support, but I just can't cone down. I am in two minds to press charges, the police came to the hospital but I was in too much pain to speak so they gave me a number to ring. I am just so scared what to do

Call. The. Number! You need to make an official report!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Sorry to hear this, Shaun.

It's going to be a shock for now and your anxiety is bound to be high, possibly for a few days. But it will go back down to normal levels once you get over the shock of something traumatic like this.

It's worth reporting though, that scumbag will keep doing it until he is caught and dealt with.

Well after xrays and dentist it is confirmed I have hair line fracture, I have my mouth braced up and may have to have my two front teeth removed due to so much damage to the nerves as they will now not heel... Feel so rubbish!

That sucks! Did you file a report? They need to try and catch the SOB!

Positive thoughts

Yes made the call today, I have someone coming to speak to me tomorrow about it and advice me what can be done.

I want to take things further but I am worried that things will come back on me, like having his friends or family after me and being known as a ''grass'' or ''snitch''.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information