Thread: Memory loss?

Question Memory loss?

So I just entered my old mobile number (been almost a year And in fairness I was thinking about it an hour ago) for a quiz. I know my current number and I was thinking about old one as creepy guy was asking and contemplated giving my old one.

And the other day o was heading to an interview and reading about another place and on my phone and listening to music and forgot where I was heading for a 0.2 second. Is this normal? I had had so many interviews in so many places the days surrounding.

Re: Memory loss?

Gotta be honest Reb... I'm not getting this post at all....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm not sure what you are saying with the first statement but the second one I can understand so will comment on that.

It's perfectly normal to become distracted temporarily and this happens to many people all every day and that includes people with no mental health issues. Sometimes when we are busy we aren't focussing as much and this happens. In someone with anxiety or depression, our Serotonin levels are often lower and this neurotransmitter is needed for short term memory.

Hi Reb, like Terry said, it's normal to be distracted temporarily and forget something for a few seconds or a minute. Also when you're stressed out it can make it worse. In 2008 I had a really bad time with worrying about forgetting things, I honestly thought I was losing my mind or had dementia or Alzheimers. My doctor told me, "24 year olds don't get dementia" but I worried about early onset dementia. I was forgetting names sometimes or getting confused or blanking for a second. I might have the thought for a minute, "Where am I?" and then tell myself, "I'm in the supermarket". I thought there was definitely something wrong but it got better.

Lately I've been worrying a bit again because I'm stressed out about things. Like the other day I was watching a film and I couldn't remember the actor Donald Pleasance's name but to be fair he's not an actor who's in my mind a lot! (It was an old film). I try to remind myself how I'm just getting stressed out again and that it will get better.
    Last edited by Marietta08; 21-02-16 at 00:26.

Thread Information