Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cipralex/escitalopram

Hi Ed.

I've not written on the site for a while but I do read all the topics. Just to let you know that Ive been on Cipralex for 3 months now and cant believe how far I have come. I'ld be lying if I said I was where I want to be but believe me sticking withit is well worth the wait. I still get a thick head at times and went through the bed thing for the first 2 - 3 weeks, loss of appetite etc but it will subside.

All I would add is healthy living will help enormously. Regular excercise and cutting out caffeine and less alcohol ( I find I cant tollerate any of those alco pop drinks with the meds....mess me up for days!!) Life style changes, meds and knowing that ur not alone on this site will definitely give you the strength to move forward one day at a time. Good luck.

S

Hi Ed

How are you feeling now?

Let me know how it is going for you.

Send my love to Sarah.

Love Sal xxxxx

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your replies! I had the best day I've had in ages today. Certainly since i started the meds. My headaches and general anxiety were much more bearable...maybe it's starting to have an effect! At least the side effects werent so hideous!
    It's just tough being patient when youre so uptight!
    Gotta go back to GP for blood test results this week...I dont expect theres anything wrong though...well hope not!
    Wish me luck!

tc all!

ed
    xx

the mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground

Hi Ed

I'm glad you felt a bit better today. I'm still getting the headaches too, lets hope they stop soon.

Good luck for the blood test results tomorrow.

Take care.

Briary

I have once again experienced what often happens when I have a long sleep, especially during the day on the weekend, and especially when I don't have to begin doing things immeditaely upon waking. Perhaps some of you experience this and have found solutions.

By the way, I take 20 mg of Cipralex (escitalopram) a day.

I awake and have a very hard time putting thoughts together, following through with some intention (even the simplest, like "I will cross the room and get something"). Instead, my mind wanders from thing to thing inside, very creative, often enjoyable and sometimes profound thoughts, rarely remembered. Like being high. I often just sit and stare and "get stuck" in the middle of doing something simple, lost in thought.

If someone says something to me, it's very hard to change gears and respond logically. I normally speak a second language to my family, and it's very hard to speak that well in this state.

This last for up to an hour or so. If I am forced to begin moving or if I begin doing some single simple purpose, like sweeping or arranging the mess from the kids in a room, I will begin to get on track.

Perhaps some of you experience this and have found solutions? My family doesn't understand why I'm sometimes very different. I tell them daddy's mind doesn't work well after he wakes up.

Thanks for being there,
    Shalom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information