Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Emphasema/COPD

Emphasema/COPD

Been breathless since january 9th ( smoked crack for a night, over 20 inhales. I have done this maybe 30 times in my life but haven't in 6 years) Breathless at rest and moving, chest pain also and phlegm but not alot of phlegm. Plus a cough.

I had a ct scan last year and was told I had asthma, dr says no cancer and said nothing else. Just told me my lungs are sensitive. I am 28 years old construction worked (have had exposures to substances before)

My question is, could I have emphysema or copd from that rough night? Or could this just be a really long cold (i am from Canada and it has been hot and cold all winter) All this help will be nice thanks all and sorry. I am not a drug dooer anymore just had a slip up and a loss of 100$....

Re: Emphasema/COPD

Hi, this sounds more like it could be congestion, maybe sinus related or post nasal drip, if you are not having wheezing or a heavy cough then it might just be that. Your asthma could also be making you feel breathless and have chest pain. hope you feel better soon.

Perhaps your asthma is being triggered by exposure to dust at your job. If you have asthma you'll get coughs and such more often than the average person, cold weather and exposure to other substances like dust or smoke will agitate your lungs.

You could also have a chest infection, not uncommon at this time of year. If it carries on then see your doctor again, but I seriously doubt you have either COPD or emphysema.

Quote Originally Posted by senalarose View Post
    My question is, could I have emphysema or copd from that rough night?
    Short answer "No". Those ailments take years and years and years to develop.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

everything you guys are doing is very helpful, i guess im just worried cause i smoked and did stupid things for 5 years of my life (daily) meaning cigarettes , marijuana,and other items. So my ct being ok last year would also rule out the chances of getting any of those issues COPD or emphysema right?

I was told last year after the ct that I have asthma but no copd/emphysema just fragile lungs as they put it. So am I getting out of this scary situation with just a cold and possibly angry asthma? My dr wont do anymore scans, he gave me a x-ray in jan and said my lungs were fine.

Did the substance Jan 9th

*I really hope more people comment* Would my xray have shown an issue if that smoking the substance did damage? That is what led to this breathless for 2.5 months
    Last edited by senalarose; 02-03-16 at 10:49.

just so darn stressed and worrie for this one mistake I made in years. Was really down in the dumps. Now ive killed myself... Lungs hurt when I cough too ugh even sitting causes the "feeling " of being breathless and pressure

Selena,

My stepmother recently passed from COPD and Emphysema. She was in her 70's and smoked probably 50 years of her life!

I don't know what anyone else can say that will help. One doesn't develop such things in the short time you were exposing yourself and scientific medical tests prove you don't have this.

I hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

The chances of you having emphysema or COPD at 28 years old are about 1 in 100 million!!

Let me tell you from experience that you KNOW you have it!

Feel better soon.

xx

just scary this whole breathing problem since jan, but every time I read more re assurance it really helps. I am a wreck from 2 years of chronic stress. I just get scared. I keep saying "great I had a great ct scan last april and than boom I go a year later and mess it all up." Was afraid of copd and emphysema last year but it was all ruled out. Just concerned being Ive been sick since jan and the medicine didnt work

Thanks everyone for trying to help re assure me .I can take deep breaths and i can push it out, just hurts.
    Last edited by senalarose; 03-03-16 at 08:59.

spoke to my dr on the phone, told me to take pulmicort puffer until next thursday. If I am not better than he is sending me to a resp. Now I am constantly thinking I might have it and have only a year or 2 left. Why the heck did I do this

Looked on "Doc Response and 71% could be COPD ugh man why did i make that one mistake that might ruin my whole life... Now im a dead one
    Last edited by senalarose; 04-03-16 at 08:04.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information