Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desperate

Desperate

I'm doing it to myself now, I want answers. I can't live like this, I can't even live with the thoughts of my past even if they were to never return. I feel completely bewildered, lost, confused and out of touch. I don't know how much more I can bare. I feel so dissociated all the time it's like I'm fighting madness 24/7 as I just feel out of sorts all the time which just Spurs on intrusive thoughts because I feel out of control. Just knowing how bad I've been scars me as it is. I think I'm a lost cause, just floating through life trying not to cause anyone any hassle but dying internally from fear and trauma

Re: Desperate

Hi Elik - Didn't you say you had recently switched meds? This may be the storm before the calm. Honestly, I've been where you are - you are not a lost cause - we all have something to battle and sometimes we have to grit our teeth to make it to the other side. Can I ask whats meds you are on now and what you've tried previously? Can you contact a crisis team or speak to a gp/psych quickly as you're feeling so bad?

Have you seen your doc? Are you on waiting list for a pysch apt?

I just feel like I'm constantly dissociated and bewildered and never in a clear state of conscious and its traumatising me. There's nothing I can do either but I don't want to live under these restrictions. It's so scary and lonely it makes everything seem so surreal and far away that I spend most of my days desperately hoping for this all to clear. I started lithium last week.

what was the lithium prescribed for?

It's prescribed for chronic anxiety and mood stabilising

It may take wee while to get dose right, or kick in. I don't know much about this drug, but most mood stabilisers do take some time. Could ask a pharamacist about it

Starting a new drug can have all kinds of weird side effects, the main one being making you feel 100x worse than you were before you started them. I felt suicidal during my lowest points starting up on a recent medication. I seem to be starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel now though.

Hang in there buddy.

Keep in close contact with whoever's treating you. They'll help you understand the process more, and maybe give you something short term to alleviate the distress.

Thank you. It's not so much that I feel worse I just feel completely alone and lost and will what if myself out of any comfort. I can't live like this and I know that and I want more than anything to be ok but I am absolutely traumatised by my past

You have to have the mindset at the moment that - right. I'm thinking all this weird stuff but it's just going in my head and it's not really harming me, however weird I feel. You're on a drug that could start to lessen this, and you can lean on that for comfort. Let the drug do it's work and go along with it, even if it feels fake or pointless. You have no way right now of glimpsing there CAN be another side to this, there CAN be another angle because you are locked in.
    But you can get better because I've been in that state where I thought - that was it. I'd thought myself into a spiral and there was no way out. I called it a thinking trap. I'd thought myself into a hole I couldn't get out of and I'm not even sure what it was about. But that hole, that trap was still just a thought like any other...and years later I'm still here.
    I got out of it by just doing what I normally do, work, life, talking about normal things with other people. You stop playing the game and you do eventually forget. For now, faith, eat, sleep, talk.

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

Is there something that happened you in the past specifically to perpetuate this? If so can you talk about it?

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information