Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of those days.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

One of those days.....

Before i start ranting, i want to make it clear that my sensible side realises that what i'm going through today is just a blip (things have been going okay for the last week). I just wish i didn't have to keep going through this.

Didn't sleep at all last night. I have sleeping pills (Zopiclone) for emergencies but by the time i realised i wasn't falling asleep it was too late to take one (about 5am). Went back to bed at about 8am and kind of dozed through the morning, got maybe 2 hours of very broken sleep.

I'm just feeling scared, a little confused, and a bit anxious about everything and nothing. I know that the lack of sleep is the cause of it, and that i've just got to get through the rest of the day but i'm just so tired of having to keep going through this.

Just needed to vent....

Andy (pootle)

Hi Andy ,

Glad to hear that you've been doing better this last week.. Great stuff .

It can be 2 steps forward , 1 back for a while especially with sleeping so good for you for recognising its just a blip ..

Hope you sleep like a log tonight !

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear you arn't feeling to good. I woke up feeling exactly the same today. Anxious low confused I haven't even got work today so just feeling anxious over nothing really. I didn't sleep well either but then I never do really. I've tried all sorts! It does get you down and fed up as you say!

Anyway just thought I'd let you know you are not alone. I have gone mad with the housework today which has been a good distraction!

Hope you feel better soon.

Take care

Love PIP'S X

Hi Andy

It is horrible not being able to sleep. I seem to have that problem all the time at the moment.

It's good you realise today is a blip.

Briary

hi Andy,

I'm glad that you're not letting yourself get worked up over it! Staying positive always helps. We all get times when we have difficulty sleeping so don't worry, it will pass soon mate!!

Sarah

Hi Andy

I always find that I feel worse after no sleep and I have never slept very well.

One thing that is worth trying is some herbal sleep remedies - Nytol or Valerian or a hot milky drink.

In July I gave up wheat as an experiment for other health problems and I started to sleep really well - right through till 6am. I then started wheat again cos it didn't cure my health issues and I notice that I have started sleeping really badly again.

So now I have to try and give it up again to see how it goes.

It takes time to find something that works but I also have tried relaxation tapes and one of those sound things that plays soothing music (waves etc).

I know it is hard cos I sleep so badly but you may find something that works for you out of the suggestions above.

I am hoping to sleep well tonight too!!

Nicola

Thank you all so much for your comments, you've really helped me through the day. It's not been easy but i've managed to get through it and even got a bit of work done and cooked dinner. It may not sound like much of an achievement but its a hell of a lot better than i managed last time i had a sleepless night

Still feeling very on-edge and occasionally getting caught out by the physical symptoms and "what-if" thoughts, but i know i've had worse days than this and lived to tell about them

Hopefully i'll get a good nights sleep tonight and everything will seem a lot better in the morning.

Andy (pootle)

hi andy,

Glad to hear that you are managing ok!! Hope you have a good night's sleep tonight. Take care.

Sarah

Andy ,

Really pleased with your approach . Hasn't it improved these last few weeks .

Sit in a chair and flop like a raggedy Ann doll with a big long sigh out ... takes the edge off .

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

Hi Everyone,

Managed to get a good night's sleep last night and am feeling a fair bit better today. Still not quite back to where i was earlier in the week but at least it's better than yesterday.

Andy. (pootle)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information